backup role in a sentence
1) The backup role is somewhat ceremonial for the Giants .
2) He is clearly unhappy with his backup role to Jonathan Bernier.
3) Current starter Jake Elmore likely will move into a backup role .
4) The winner gets the starting spot, the runner-up gets the backup role.
backup role example sentences5) Cassel was deemed healthy enough to play, but still given the backup role.
6) Taylor threw his first touchdown pass for Michigan in a backup role against Wisconsin.
7) When Vick returned after week eight, Kolb was relegated to a backup role.
8) Bruce Gradkowski would be the ideal fit for the backup role in Pittsburgh .
9) The Space Track organization at Hanscom Field assumed a backup role for squadron operations.
10) Bobrovsky has elevated his game in the past month, dropping Mason into the backup role.
11) Rondo only started in 25 games that season due to his initial backup role to Telfair.
12) He played a backup role on the defensive line last year and finished the season with 11 tackles .
13) In a backup role, Bennett, at age 37, appeared in 35 games as Boston's catcher.
14) The organization, with its technical hardware, supply system, and support personnel, has only a backup role.
example sentences with backup15) The Giants released Kerry Collins, who was unhappy with a backup role, and signed veteran quarterback Kurt Warner.
16) Playing a backup role for a poor team, Hafey decided to retire from the VFL at the end of 1958.
17) Chris Gimenez : Tampa Bay Rays Catcher Chris Gimenez has served in a backup role since making his major league debut.
18) In this backup role, Maddox earned a Super Bowl ring when Pittsburgh won Super Bowl XL after the 2005 season.
19) He continued to serve in a backup role at third base and outfield for Detroit in 1948, appearing in 74 games.
20) Catcher Derek Norris showed promise in his rookie season but will assume a backup role to another new acquisition, John Jaso.
21) Kellen Clemens was named the starting quarterback on Monday by Coach Eric Mangini, relegating Chad Pennington to the backup role indefinitely.
22) Starting goaltender Semyon Varlamov is a shoo-in to return, and Reto Berra is locked in for the backup role in net.
23) However, Hendricks has shown the potential to be a good back of the rotation pitcher and Villanueva has a good chance of contributing in at least a backup role in the majors.
24) Smith prepared as well as he could in a backup role in case his number was called, but he faced a tall order.
25) Wilcox, is in his last year of his contract and will be a restricted free agent after the season and doesn't hide the fact he is not excited about his backup role with the Clippers.
26) I'd really hate to lose either Driskel or Brissett, but I don't see either of those guys settling in to a backup role.
27) After one of the workout sessions, Vick said Kafka was "ready for" the backup role and would embrace it should Kolb leave after the lifting of the lockout.
How to use backup in a sentence28) By the end of preseason, eight of the previous year's opening-day starters were no longer with the team, and four more had been demoted to backup roles.
29) Pratt played in 35 games for the Phillies for the remainder of the 2001 season in a backup role to Johnny Estrada and batted .204, raising his season average to .185.
30) In a backup role in Week 10 (November 10), a 42-23 loss to the Seattle Seahawks, Johnson completed 8 of 12 passes for 123 yards and 1 touchdown and ran twice for 3 yards.
31) In Week 7 (October 12), Johnson played his next game of the season, a backup role to Brunell in a 38–21 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.
32) Remaining with the Yankees, Cabrera competed with Brett Gardner for the starting center field job which Gardner won, relegating Cabrera to a backup role by manager Girardi once again.
33) Due to Osgood's injuries and the aging Hašek's ability to remain healthy throughout the season, Osgood ended up assuming the backup role for Hašek as opposed to sharing playing time.
34) In 2003, he was assigned to a backup role behind Pennington, although he started the first six games due to Pennington's left wrist injury.
35) On August 29, 2008, Culpepper then changed his mind and stated that he would consider a backup role in Green Bay if they were still interested in him, but the team did not put forth an offer.
36) Due to the arrival of number one pick Derrick Rose, Hinrich was relegated to a backup role at the point guard position for the 2008–2009 season.
37) Relegated to the backup role, Kiprusoff continued to struggle, winning just five of 22 games played before his season ended with a knee injury.
38) On January 7, 2014, he was named to the 2014 Canadian Olympic Hockey Team, where he won his 2nd Olympic gold medal in a largely backup role to Carey Price.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of backup role
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of backup role with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with backup role
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word backup role in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with backup role.
20 examples of simple sentences of backup role. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of backup role
Compound Sentences with backup role
Complex Sentences with backup role
Compound-Complex Sentences with backup role