semi axis in a sentence
1) The semi-major axis of the ellipsoid used is 6378137.
2) Tidal forces can also change the semi-major axis of an orbit.
3) Where __FORMULA__ is the true semi-major axis and __FORMULA__ is the parallax.
4) The distance "a" from the center to each vertex is called the semi-major axis.
semi axis example sentences5) One is invariably the equatorial radius, which is the semi-major axis, "a".
6) Rectangular hyperbolas have eccentricity __FORMULA__ with semi-major axis and semi-minor axis given by __FORMULA__.
7) Two planets initially have orbits with the same semi-major axis, but with very different eccentricities.
8) The net effect will be to draw the comet orbital semi-major axis to the doughnut nebula.
9) According to Kepler's third law the period of the orbit is determined by the semi-major axis.
10) As the eccentricity of the orbit evolves, the semi-major axis of the orbital ellipse remains unchanged.
11) Alternatively it can be described by the length of its semi-major axis along with its flattening.
12) Also, Fom b has a semi-major axis of 119 AU – pretty far from Fomalhaut itself.
13) Radius in meters along the semi-major axis (one-half of the long axis of the ellipsoid).
14) Saturn's semi-major axis is increased in the first gravitational encounter and Jupiter's reduced by the second.
example sentences with axis15) The "Apollos" have a semi-major axis of more than 1 AU and cross Earth's orbit.
16) The "Atens" have a semi-major axis of less than 1 AU and cross Earth's orbit.
17) The datum is in turn composed of a named spheroid and its parameters of semi-major axis and inverse flattening.
18) The Saturnian moons are listed here by orbital period (or semi-major axis), from shortest to longest.
19) The pattern predicted that the missing planet ought to have an orbit with a semi-major axis near 2.8 AU.
20) For any given star, the shorter the semi-major axis of a planet, the shorter the orbital period.
21) New Jupiter Trojans are captured from the population of planetesimals with semi-major axes matching Jupiter's new semi-major axis.
22) However, when the distance to the system is unknown, the semi-major axis may be given as an angle.
23) Within the asteroid belt, the number distribution of M-type asteroids peaks at a semi-major axis of about 2.7 AU.
24) In this last category, one can have two planets with the same semi-major axis, but with different eccentricities.
25) This gives an interpretation of the eccentricity as the position of the foci as a fraction of the semi-major axis.
26) This form of the equation is particularly useful when dealing with parabolic trajectories, for which the semi-major axis is infinite.
27) The squares of the orbital periods of planets are directly proportional to the cubes of the semi-major axis of the orbits.
28) It is impossible to determine individually the semi-major axis "a" and the inclination of the orbit plane "i".
29) During the gravitational encounters between Jupiter and the ice giant Jupiter's semi-major axis can jump by as much as 0.2 AU.
30) For a given orbit, the ratio of the cube of its semi-major axis to the square of its period is constant.
31) Changes are also observed in the size of the semi-major axis of the orbital ellipse, increasing by 0.03 arcsec per century.
32) This backward pull drains energy from the orbit, causes the semi-major axis to decrease, and causes the period to get shorter.
33) ATEN ASTEROID Atens are asteroids that are always closer to the Sun than the Earth is; they have a period shorter than 1 year (the semi-major axis is smaller than Earth's).
34) The orientation and lengths of the axes of the semi-major axis can then be obtained from eqns (9.1-8) and (9.1-9), in the same way as for the standard point ellipses.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of semi axis
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of semi axis with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with semi axis
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word semi axis in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with semi axis.
20 examples of simple sentences of semi axis. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of semi axis
Compound Sentences with semi axis
Complex Sentences with semi axis
Compound-Complex Sentences with semi axis