direct artillery in a sentence
1) The artillery was directed to commence firing on fort Cognelée.
2) During the skirmish that followed, Gorksi directed artillery and mortar fire.
3) Iran directed artillery on Basra and Al Amarah, and Mandali.
direct artillery example sentences4) Forward observers, directing accurate artillery and mortar fire at dangerously close distances repelled a fresh Japanese assault.
5) With the platoon commander dead, Buick took charge of 11 Platoon, directing the artillery through Stanley.
6) Colonel Moreau directed artillery and mortar fire on the enemy gun positions on the north face of the mountain.
7) After an hour of fighting the Chinese suddenly pulled back and directed artillery and mortar fire upon the attacking units.
8) Many others, amongst them General Basset, who had directed the artillery of the resistance, were arrested and imprisoned.
9) That evening V Company again observed 14 Viet Cong moving through their area of operations and they again directed artillery onto them.
10) Attempts to link shell-hole positions failed, because they were visible from the air and British reconnaissance aircraft directed artillery onto them.
11) When the artillery forward observer was wounded, Captain Taylor moved to an advanced position and directed aerial rocket artillery and tactical air strikes.
12) The advance reached the west side of the wood at and light signals directed the artillery to lift onto the east edge of Bernafay Wood.
13) Manned observation balloons, floating high above the trenches, were used as stationary reconnaissance platforms, reporting enemy movements and directing artillery .
14) At about 22:30 hours, on the night of 12 April, French artillery directed by a reconnaissance aircraft, began shelling the "Jagdgeschwader 2" airfield.
15) Nevertheless, Currie believed that the advantageous observational position of Hill 70 would permit well directed artillery to effectively deal with any counterattacks.
example sentences with direct artillery16) They directed artillery on the Bengali position and with the aid of air strikes and tanks managed to force the Bengalis to fall back slightly by evening.
17) Ultimately this was unsuccessful, as the Allies never believed the monastery would not be used to direct the German artillery against their lines.
18) Military snipers may be further trained as forward air controllers (FACs) to direct air strikes or forward observers (FOs) to direct artillery or mortar fire.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of direct artillery
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of direct artillery with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with direct artillery
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word direct artillery in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with direct artillery.
20 examples of simple sentences of direct artillery. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of direct artillery
Compound Sentences with direct artillery
Complex Sentences with direct artillery
Compound-Complex Sentences with direct artillery