avian predator in a sentence
1) Both adaptations may make them better at avoiding avian predators .
2) The golden eagle is the only major avian predator of adult turkeys.
3) This species has few avian predators .
4) The Variable Checkerspot is a food source for many avian predators .
avian predator example sentences5) avian predators, then, are apparently more important than mammalian predators.
6) These butterflies were regarded as very distasteful and were largely rejected by avian predators .
7) Golden eagles are avian apex predators, meaning a healthy adult is not generally preyed upon.
8) For example, bright coloration in Variable Checkerspot butterflies leads to decreased predation attempts by avian predators .
9) The five categories of incisor and molar digestion are summarized for the avian predators in Table 3.14.
10) Unpalatability to avian predators is a feature of the butterfly; however, its level is highly variable.
11) This may have been due to increased availability of perch sites for avian predators such as the gray jay.
12) The white-fronted capuchin feels threatened by avian predators, and it is very vigilant around any large bird of prey.
13) The mammalian carnivore assemblages all show considerable loss of distal elements, usually as great as or greater than any of the avian predators (Table 3.2).
14) One nest even had the remains of a marabou stork ("Leptoptilos crumeniferus"), which is a formidable species not usually susceptible to avian predators .
example sentences with avian15) In a controlled experiment, would-be avian predators often exhibit head-shaking and beak-wiping behavior after killing a Variable Checkerspot butterfly, characteristic of tasting unpalatable prey.
16) Also in Georgia, 1 acre field enclosures protected from avian predators (covered with a net) were monitored for the effect of avian predators on breeding hispid cotton rat populations.
17) Also in Georgia, 1 acre field enclosures protected from avian predators (covered with a net) were monitored for the effect of avian predators on breeding hispid cotton rat populations.
18) For instance an "abrupt roar" or "huff" alerts the group to an avian predator, and a "pulsed squawk" or "growl-snort" communicates the existence of a mammalian ground predator.
19) Trees may provide perches for avian predators but further work needs to be done on the effects of tree encroachment (Manzer and Hannon 2005).
20) But most of the avian predators are rare or absent on those shores and in areas where predation is heaviest the dog-whelks are mostly white (Feare, 1971).
21) The garden warbler is hunted by Eurasian sparrowhawks and domestic cats, and its eggs and nestlings are taken by a variety of mammalian and avian predators .
22) Heavy cover 10 feet (3 m) above ground provides protection from avian predators, and heavy cover 3.3 feet (1 m) tall provides cover from terrestrial predators.
23) All four species soared overhead searching for prey in daylight, and to avoid these avian predators, the kakapo's ancestors adopted camouflaged plumage and became nocturnal.
24) Wedge-tailed eagles are the only avian predator capable of attacking fully-grown emus, though are perhaps most likely to take small or young specimens.
25) In addition to agility, the black rat also makes use of its keen sense of hearing to detect danger and quickly evade mammalian and avian predators .
26) Lack of safety in numbers for a small bird attractive to avian predators (Brouwer and Garnett 1990)
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of avian predator
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of avian predator with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with avian predator
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word avian predator in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with avian predator.
20 examples of simple sentences of avian predator. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of avian predator
Compound Sentences with avian predator
Complex Sentences with avian predator
Compound-Complex Sentences with avian predator