argillite in a sentence
1) The black finish of argillite is usually not natural.
2) This technique lends stability to the fragile argillite .
3) They are mostly composed of greywacke together with argillite .
argillite example sentences4) The composition of graptolitic argillite varies by location within Estonia.
5) This is when argillite carving began to incorporate Western elements and themes.
6) The argillite collectors select the slate that appears most free of faults.
7) In truth, argillite carving is much more than a simple tourist art.
8) One particular soil type, brown "Ranker" occurs above argillite rock.
9) Besides working in wood, Haida also work with argillite .
10) Most carvers create a sculpture from a single piece of argillite wherever possible.
11) As a result argillite carvings contain imagery that encompass both Haida and European cultures.
12) Argillite carving at this time parallels carvings in other mediums, such as wood.
13) In its natural state, argillite is often a grey-black or green-black color.
14) There is also Precambrian sedimentary argillite , dating back to 1.7 billion years ago.
15) It sometimes includes Chert and argillite .
example sentences with argillite16) For the Haida, argillite was perhaps part of a movement towards greater financial gain.
17) Prior to 1820 there were no argillite carvings found in any public or private collections.
18) The deposits are hosted in shear zones in argillite of the Precambrian Belt Supergroup.
19) Tablelands are often topped with argillite gravel and weathered quartzite, occasionally underlain by shale.
20) The organic content of graptolitic argillite found in northwestern Estonia ranges from 10 to 20%.
21) In his research Barbeau overlooked the earliest argillite carvings which made use of entirely traditional images.
22) In 1946-1952, uranium compounds were extracted from Graptolitic argillite oil shale in Sillamäe.
23) During the summers of 1969 and 1970 he found the first major archaeological assemblage of argillite .
24) The light-coloured granite stands out from the dark to black coloured rocks of hornfels and argillite .
25) Although reserves of graptolitic argillite surpass those of kukersite, it is a poor source of energy.
26) Instead of Kaufmann's three periods, Duff broke the history of argillite carving into four phases.
27) Despite this, Haida argillite carving has only been studied systematically during the last thirty to forty years.
28) Next in quantity were argillite beads, a green stone somewhat similar to jade but not so hard.
How to use argillite in a sentence29) The overlying Pennsylvanian Molas Formation was an argillite unit which was converted to hornfels and quartzite.
30) Often in argillite carvings, traditional Haida images are confused so that they lose their important cultural meanings.
31) Two small black vessels were found; and the urns had a few green argillite beads and black ceramic.
32) Another method of sealing in moisture is to cover the surface of the uncarved argillite piece with Varathane.
33) Commercial argillite carving seems to have begun during the 1820s when it became valued as a trade item.
34) The Virginia formation consists of black to dark gray argillite , which does not crop out in natural exposures.
35) The drier the argillite becomes, the more danger there is of flaking or cracking during the carving process.
36) Today argillite carvings are sold in galleries and fine art stores and take on a more traditional Haida forms.
37) Uranium occurs as autunite and meta-autunite in fractured Cambrian quartzite and argillite , adjacent to Jurassic quartz monzonite.
38) Argillite is a fine-grained sedimentary rock composed primarily of clay particles; they are essentially lithified muds and oozes.
39) Inuit artists sculpt with walrus ivory, caribou antlers, bones, soapstone, serpentinite, and argillite .
40) Haida argillite carvings are a sculptural tradition among the Haida indigenous nation of the Northwest Coast of North America.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of argillite
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of argillite with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with argillite
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word argillite in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with argillite.
20 examples of simple sentences of argillite. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of argillite
Compound Sentences with argillite
Complex Sentences with argillite
Compound-Complex Sentences with argillite