antiphoner in a sentence
1) Antiphoner - a choir-book containing the liturgical chants used in singing the canonical hours.
2) With the introduction of the responsorial Psalm the antiphoner emerged as "cantor of the Psalm".
3) As no antiphoner exists, we have no specimen of a Gallican Officium or Introit.
antiphoner example sentences4) The cantor then, was taking the monastic position of antiphoner , adapted to responsorial, rather than antiphonal, Psalm-singing.
5) The rather obvious Gustate et videte is given also in the Stowe Missal and Bangor antiphoner , and is mentioned by St. Cyril of Jerusalem.
6) The chant (plainsong, plainchant) for worship was contained in the Roman Gradual for the Mass and in the antiphoner for the offices.
7) The Hazzan and the Antiphoner
8) This is the old office of monastic antiphoner . Again, we do not read that there are to be soloists throughout the Mass.
10) In the antiphoner of Inchcolm Abbey, the "Iona of the East" (situated on an island in the Firth of Forth), a 13th-century prayer begins "O Columba spes Scotorum...
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of antiphoner
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of antiphoner with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with antiphoner
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word antiphoner in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with antiphoner.
20 examples of simple sentences of antiphoner. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of antiphoner
Compound Sentences with antiphoner
Complex Sentences with antiphoner
Compound-Complex Sentences with antiphoner