anti-knock in a sentence
1) Tetra-ethyl lead is used as an anti-knock additive for aviation fuel in piston-driven aircraft.
2) A performance rating of gasoline; the higher the octane number, the greater the anti-knock quality of the gasoline.
3) Campaigners and many scientists believed lead from the tetra-ethyl lead added as an anti-knock agent in petrol had to be the cause.
anti-knock example sentences
anti-knock example sentences4) Examples include the historically important IrCl(CO)(P(C6H5)3)2 and the anti-knock agent (CH3C5H4)Mn(CO)3.
5) In 1971, to accommodate regular low-lead fuel with lower anti-knock properties, the engine compression ratios were lowered which resulted in reduced power ratings.
6) This difference between RON and MON is known as the fuel's Sensitivity, and is not typically published for those countries that use the anti-knock Index labelling system.
7) Lead, in the form of tetra-ethyl lead, is added when brewing avgas to improve its anti-knock or anti-detonation property, necessary for use in high-compression engines.
8) During World War II ICI operated a factory making anti-knock additives for aviation fuel and Gibson was in charge of the process work.
9) Anti-knock Index (AKI)
10) Note that AKI refers to ' anti-knock Index' which averages the RON and MON ratings (RON+MON)/2, and is used on U.S. gas station pumps.
11) Some aircraft engines were originally certified using a 91/96 avgas and have STCs available to run "premium" 91 anti-knock index (AKI) automotive gasoline.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of anti-knock
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of anti-knock with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with anti-knock
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word anti-knock in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with anti-knock.
20 examples of simple sentences of anti-knock. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of anti-knock
Compound Sentences with anti-knock
Complex Sentences with anti-knock
Compound-Complex Sentences with anti-knock