HPA axis in a sentence
1) The body's primary stress management system is the HPA axis.
2) The HPA axis is a feature of mammals and other vertebrates.
3) The HPA axis is responsible for coordinating the hormonal response to stress.
4) Both nutritional deficiencies and toxin exposure can disrupt the delicately balanced HPA axis.
HPA axis example sentences5) This leads to continual activation of the HPA axis and excess cortisol release.
6) These are mediated by the HPA axis and the SNS.
7) Viral infections increase cortisol levels through activation of the HPA axis by cytokines.
8) Once the HPA axis is activated, it triggers an increase in glucocorticoids.
9) Extreme chronic stress can trigger fibromyalgia by constantly bombarding the HPA axis with stimulation.
10) Dysregulation of the HPA axis is indeed a component of the AFS continuum.
11) The HPA axis is the main controller of acute sympathetic stress responses related to fight-or-flight response.
12) A decline in the HPA axis has been demonstrated in (ME)CFS patients.
13) The HPA axis uses three hormones to help the body remain stable during physiological and psychological stress.
14) Regulated via the HPA axis, cortisol is the primary hormone responsible for the stress response.
example sentences with axis15) In sum, the hypothalamus releases CRH and vasopressin, which activate the HPA axis.
16) Nicotine is known to increase levels of cortisol in the body since it stimulates the HPA axis.
17) Central nervous system miscommunication fibromyalgia is characterized by miscommunication between the central nervous system and the HPA axis.
18) The brain and immune system influence each other, especially in the HPA axis and sympathetic nervous system.
19) Circulating leptin seems to affect the HPA axis, suggesting a role for leptin in stress response.
20) Similar to stress-induced FM, infectious FM occurs because the HPA axis gets "burnt out".
21) Soon, as the body begins to wear, the HPA axis weakens, resulting in FM.
22) The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis ( HPA axis) regulates cortisol production, which is released in response to stress.
23) Prolonged activation and disturbances of the HPA axis contribute to depressive and anxiety symptoms seen in many psychopathological conditions.
24) One important target of glucocorticoids is the hypothalamus, which is a major controlling centre of the HPA axis.
25) Glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptor hypersensitivity appears to be the most probable explanation for the enhanced HPA axis negative feedback.
26) Ironically, this method of releasing stress actually stimulates the HPA axis and encourages the manufacture and release of cortisol.
27) Anatomical connections between brain areas such as the amygdala, hippocampus, and hypothalamus facilitate activation of the HPA axis.
How to use axis in a sentence28) Cortisol production tends to be elevated in people with BPD, indicating a hyperactive HPA axis in these individuals.
29) Several monoamine neurotransmitters are important in regulating the HPA axis, especially dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine (noradrenaline).
30) The participants were given stress tests and then had blood, cardiovascular and saliva tests to check on their HPA axis.
31) The HPA axis responds to physical and mental challenge to maintain homeostasis in part by controlling the body's cortisol level.
32) Experimental studies have investigated many different types of stress, and their effects on the HPA axis in many different circumstances.
33) TBT can locally disrupt aromatase regulation in the hypothalamus causing the responses of the HPA axis to hormones to become abnormal.
34) The HPA axis comprises the system of feedback interactions among the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and adrenal glands (7).
35) More research is needed in this area to be sure of the definite cause of different HPA axis functioning later in life.
36) This may be explained by evidence that the HPA axis is unlikely to show adaptation to a stressor that is different from the previous one (20).
37) Cortisol and corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH), which are also produced during the activation of the HPA axis, influence the immune system and many other body systems.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of HPA axis
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of HPA axis with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with HPA axis
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word HPA axis in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with HPA axis.
20 examples of simple sentences of HPA axis. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of HPA axis
Compound Sentences with HPA axis
Complex Sentences with HPA axis
Compound-Complex Sentences with HPA axis