axis convoy in a sentence
1) This formation was to interdict axis convoys .
2) The island had ceased to be an effective offensive base, and axis convoys were mostly untroubled.
3) No. 38, 40 and 104 Squadrons, equipped with Wellington bombers, hit axis convoys in Tripoli.
4) Malta's position between Sicily and North Africa was perfect to interdict axis supply convoys destined for North Africa.
axis convoy example sentences5) Following the successful destruction of an axis convoy off Sicily, he was awarded a Bar to his DSO.
6) However, measured against its primary task of disrupting axis convoys to Africa, the Taranto attack had very little effect.
7) Its forces successfully destroyed an entire axis convoy during the Battle of the Duisburg Convoy, which practically blockaded Libyan ports.
8) In August 1942, with Malta still besieged, 35% of axis convoys to North Africa did not get through.
9) On 14 April 'Ultra' intercepts of Italian Naval signals and aerial reconnaissance tracked down an axis convoy heading for Tripoli.
10) The Rhodesians of the LRDG took part in raids on axis rear areas during the operation, ambushing axis convoys, destroying axis aircraft and pulling down telegraph poles and wires.
11) By 11pm the patrols reached a main road heading east to Barce and they went on with their headlights full on, pretending to be an axis convoy .
12) The Italians had failed to neutralize Malta as a British base, axis supply convoys to North Africa suffered severe losses as a result.
13) All told 800 seamen were lost, and Force K, which had been effectively interdicting axis convoys, was put out of action.
14) While air superiority had been won back by the RAF, German pressure had allowed axis convoys to re-supply the Panzer Army Africa.
example sentences with axis15) Allied surface forces managed to sink only one small axis convoy in daylight hours during the whole North African Campaign, but at night the British proved that they could destroy axis shipping.
16) Malta was the base from which surface ships, submarines and aircraft attacked axis convoys carrying essential supplies to the Italian and German armies in North Africa.
17) He succeeded in establishing local air superiority and neutralising Malta, which provided a base from which British aircraft and submarines could menace axis convoys headed for North Africa.
18) An axis convoy of around 20 "caïque"'s, escorted by the Italian torpedo boat "Lupo", tried to land German reinforcements near Maleme.
19) The strategic importance of Tobruk was great, as it was a port that could be reached by axis convoys sailing along the more secure Aegean-Crete line.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of axis convoy
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of axis convoy with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with axis convoy
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word axis convoy in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with axis convoy.
20 examples of simple sentences of axis convoy. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of axis convoy
Compound Sentences with axis convoy
Complex Sentences with axis convoy
Compound-Complex Sentences with axis convoy