bailiff reeve in a sentence
1) Halling fell into this pattern, for after the Charter the Lord of the Manor was the Bishop of Rochester, for whom a bailiff or reeve controlled his lands.
2) In earlier times, each major estate would have been run by bailiffs and reeves, from a focal point on the estate.
3) Appointments: One of the most important seignorial rights was the right to appoint bailiffs, reeves, aldermen, magistrates, schoolmasters, dike and polder officials, and so on.
4) The day-to-day administration was carried out by a resident official in authority at each manor, who in England was called a bailiff, or reeve .
bailiff reeve example sentences5) In modern England and Wales, the mayor is the later descendant of the feudal lord's bailiff or reeve ("see borough").
6) " and continues in article 146, "also prefects and lieutenants and bailiffs and reeves and headmen who administer villages and mountain hamlets.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of bailiff reeve
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of bailiff reeve with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with bailiff reeve
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word bailiff reeve in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with bailiff reeve.
20 examples of simple sentences of bailiff reeve. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of bailiff reeve
Compound Sentences with bailiff reeve
Complex Sentences with bailiff reeve
Compound-Complex Sentences with bailiff reeve