backdown in a sentence
1) Browning was forced into a humiliating backdown.
2) Non-US vessels frequently make no attempt to save dolphins through the use of backdown.
3) Up until now the Federal government has remained adamant it will not backdown over the funding cuts .
4) Ministers say they have deliberately avoided'sounding triumphal' about the BMA's backdown to avoid rekindling the controversy.
backdown example sentences5) Starring, at 6-foot-3, withstood the backdown game of 6-foot-5 Keala King on two consecutive possessions.
6) The parking backdown last month was the latest in a string of decisions that have not gone down well with the public .
7) But when he's cold, opposing defenses can focus more on flocking to Johnson's backdowns or tripping up Williams inside.
8) He knows how to backdown from his stand off with NASS on the budget issues where there were veiled threats from NASS .
9) In an embarrassing backdown, police withdrew the charge in Parramatta Children's Court on Monday because they had bungled the case.
10) These dusk sets make it much harder for observers to see what is happening, and also make a successful backdown less likely.
11) In a'sundown set'' dolphins are encircled late in the day, so that all or part of the backdown procedure is carried out during darkness.
12) The US tuna industry was compelled by law to modify its nets and use the backdown procedure, which has significantly decreased the number of dolphins killed.
13) The world, as we've been seeing in media reports since the 'red line' backdown, is more than ready to embrace de-Americanisation.
14) The attempts to move troops led to the Curragh Incident, Seely's resignation and a backdown by the Government and negotiations brokered by King George V.
example sentences with backdown15) His favored tactic in such situations was to send fighter jets into the air and threaten large-scale air strikes, and given his reputation for impetuosity, he usually attained the desired backdown.
16) Yesterday, in a major backdown, Tony Abbott confirmed he had already decided to lower the cap from his preferred $150,000 annual wage to $100,000.
17) The airport has been a political hot potato for four decades, with both major parties having been forced into backdowns and backflips in the face of intense community opposition.
18) Nationals MP and Parliamentary Secretary for Defence Darren Chester, who had previously criticised the scheme, has denied this change is a humiliating backdown.
19) Analysts at Deutsche Bank this week issued a " sell" notice on the shares, warning that there was the risk of a possible backdown by the Government.
20) "backdown Blues" by Loose Diamonds
21) One skipper who sought to reduce the carnage discovered that trapped dolphins could be released from nets by the use of a manoeuvre which came to be known as 'backdown.'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of backdown
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of backdown with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with backdown
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word backdown in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with backdown.
20 examples of simple sentences of backdown. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of backdown
Compound Sentences with backdown
Complex Sentences with backdown
Compound-Complex Sentences with backdown