backbenches in a sentence
1) The whispering on the backbenches began again.
2) Reynolds returned to the opposition backbenches of Dáil Éireann.
3) The Government faces opposition from its backbenches on the question of quality.
4) Mr Brooke's recall after five months on the backbenches surprised MPs.
backbenches example sentences5) The Essex Men had mobilised on the Tory backbenches in strength.
6) Kenny remained on the backbenches of the Dáil for almost a decade.
7) When Duncan Smith was elected leader, Portillo returned to the backbenches.
8) He eventually chose to take his seat on the government backbenches in November 2003.
9) Cowen remained on the backbenches of Dáil Éireann for the next seven years.
10) Since sitting on the backbenches, Brown makes relatively few speeches or interventions in Parliament.
11) When the election was won, most handsomely, Pym found himself on the backbenches.
12) He was minister for local and regional government between 2001 and 2005 before returning to the backbenches .
13) On the backbenches he occasionally spoke in the Commons on the issues of the day.
14) Lemass, who had served his country for fifty years, now retired to the backbenches.
example sentences with backbenches15) Robin Cook MP and a few other government ministers resigned to the backbenches over the issue.
16) The barrage of public anger was intense, Mr Whitney returned to the backbenches not long afterwards.
17) A few days later, he formally left the government backbenches and became in independent member once more.
18) The dominant interest represented on the Conservative backbenches is that of the dormitory town and the metropolitan county.
19) After returning to the backbenches, he became Chairman of the Conservative Backbench Constitutional Affairs Committee.
20) Most federal representatives from St. Catharines have maintained a low profile on either the government or opposition backbenches.
21) Balls made it clear he would return to the backbenches if he was stripped of the shadow chancellorship .
22) His time on the backbenches, following years of cabinet and shadow cabinet experience, has perhaps softened Fox.
23) With one year to go until the general election this has led to some jitters on the backbenches.
24) The Labour Party had put down a vote of censure and there was much rumbling on the Tory backbenches.
25) After the election, Collins was not reinstated to a ministerial position, and was relegated to the backbenches.
26) On Thursday night, at least two Rudd backers had resigned their party posts to go to the backbenches.
27) A huge cheer - somewhere between a wolf-whistle and a blown kiss - went up from the Tory backbenches.
How to use backbenches in a sentence28) Clarke rejected the offer from Hague of a Shadow Cabinet role, opting instead to return to the backbenches.
29) He then spoke out against the legislation, from the backbenches, when it was introduced in the Commons.
30) Ditto on the backbenches.
31) From the backbenches, he was a vocal critic of the government, voting against Foundation Hospitals in November 2003.
32) Mr Cameron will face increasing unrest on his backbenches if the by-election shows the Tories are losing voters to Ukip .
33) For these reasons, the Conservatives are a little more responsive to widespread expressions of serious doubt on their own backbenches.
34) I love my constituency and will do all I can to advance the interests of my constituents from the backbenches.
35) He went on to become one of the Labour Government's most vocal critics from within the party on the backbenches.
36) Were more MPs to a drawn into the Whitehall web, then all independence on the government backbenches would be eliminated.
37) In 1959, when Richard Mulcahy resigned the leadership of Fine Gael to James Dillon, Costello retired to the backbenches.
38) Much of the damage done to the Chancellor's reputation on the Tory backbenches by last year's events has been repaired.
39) Prominent 'Red Tories' include Iain Duncan Smith and Eric Pickles in the Cabinet and Jesse Norman on the backbenches.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of backbenches
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of backbenches with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with backbenches
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word backbenches in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with backbenches.
20 examples of simple sentences of backbenches. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of backbenches
Compound Sentences with backbenches
Complex Sentences with backbenches
Compound-Complex Sentences with backbenches