Bagehot in a sentence
1) Walter Bagehot was the second important contributor to the classical theory.
2) The relevance is that Bagehot was the first political commentator.
3) Walter Bagehot (1873), "".
4) Bagehot, Walter Life is a school of probability.
Bagehot example sentences5) Is this what Bagehot wishes upon John Major?
6) Bagehot, Walter, "Lombard Street, 1873".
7) Bagehot, Walter; edited by Paul Smith (2001).
8) Both Thornton and Bagehot were mostly concerned with the reduction of the money stock.
9) Something like that; Bagehot's synapses are not all they once were.
10) Bagehot distinguished the" dignified" from the" efficient" parts of the Constitution.
11) His iconoclasm about Milton, for instance, was anticipated by Walter Bagehot.
12) Eric Joyce may not strike the Walter Bagehot du jour as a parliamentary paradigm .
13) Walter Bagehot's book provides influential early analysis of the role of the lender of last resort.
14) This was putting the matter very tartly, and Bagehot recognised that things were not quite this simple.
example sentences with Bagehot15) This led Walter Bagehot to declare the "nearly complete fusion" of the roles in the nineteenth century.
16) Bagehot's work continued to be regarded as an authoritative work long after the Constitution had undergone fundamental change.
17) In the post-Civil War era, the U.S. banking system did not operate as Bagehot's "natural system.
18) Walter Bagehot criticized presidentialism because it does not allow a transfer in power in the event of an emergency.
19) In one of his celebrated aphorisms about the monarchy, Bagehot remarked that 'Its mystery is its life.
20) Wilson, a disciple of Walter Bagehot, saw the United States Constitution as cumbersome and open to corruption.
21) How, then, did Bagehot describe and explain the essence of the British Constitution: who governed and how?
22) His behaviour, as the Victorian constitutionalist Walter Bagehot had noted a hundred years earlier, was the prerogative of princes.
23) The monarch had not yet become what Walter Bagehot was to describe as the 'dignified' part of the Constitution.
24) Following Bagehot or modern functional sociology, the assertion is made that the figure of the sovereign binds together the national collective.
25) According to Bagehot, and following him, many later writers the lender of last resort should not lend to insolvent banks.
26) There seem to be two boards - like the" dignified" and" efficient" parts of Bagehot's English constitution.
27) Most are works written by nineteenth- or early-twentieth-century constitutionalists, in particular A. V. Dicey, Walter Bagehot and Erskine May.
28) Walter Bagehot (1826–1877), a writer, banker and economist, lived at No 9 at some point.
29) Bagehot certainly reckoned that, in the end, the durability of the monarchy depends on the qualities of the individual monarch.
30) It was the childlike attitude which Walter Bagehot alluded to in Lombard Street, A Description of the Money Market (1873).
31) In 1934 a Miss Kinzie was teaching lipreading in London and among her students was a Miss Cecilia Pollock, and her aunt, a Mrs Bagehot.
32) Present were Mrs Jameson, Mr Bagehot, Ash the poet, without Mrs Ash, who was indisposed, and some younger members of the London University.
33) Bagehot said that Ash's presentation of Mesmer's belief in spiritual influences showed he was less rigorously confined by positive science than he now claimed to be.
34) I had with me Bagehot, Ash, Mrs Jameson, Professor Spear, Miss LaMotte and her friend Miss Glover, the last somewhat taciturn.
35) He had known them all, two whole generations, Wordsworth, Coleridge, de Quincey, Lamb; Mme de Stael, Goethe, Schiller; Carlyle, G. H. Lewes, Tennyson, Clough, Bagehot.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Bagehot
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Bagehot with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Bagehot
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Bagehot in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Bagehot.
20 examples of simple sentences of Bagehot. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Bagehot
Compound Sentences with Bagehot
Complex Sentences with Bagehot
Compound-Complex Sentences with Bagehot