fruitless attempt in a sentence
1) Petroleum was discovered in 1929 after several fruitless attempts.
2) They were merely ending a fruitless attempt to save her life.
3) Snake's fruitless attempt to save her leaves him with a burn scar.
4) This week, be ready for irritating news and yet another fruitless attempt at communication.
fruitless attempt example sentences5) After a fruitless attempt at the former, Hamlet is tempted by the latter.
6) There were two fruitless attempts at establishing a congress of provinces in the subsequent months.
7) He then resumed his southward course in a second fruitless attempt to find the supposed continent.
8) After many fruitless attempts, she sat on the floor beside Sita and stroked her hair.
9) Despite one fruitless attempt, Koxinga was unable to do anything to aid the last Ming emperor.
10) After fruitless attempts to capture Amiens, Ludendorff called off Operation "Michael" on 5 April.
11) I clumsily used the tiny remnant of paper that was left in a fruitless attempt to clear the muck.
12) The NFF came into being after fruitless attempts to bring the JVP on the correct path, he said.
13) Further fruitless attempts to start a commercial deal were led by de Kergariou in 1827 and Admiral Laplace in 1831.
14) He spoke at length of the Review Board's fruitless attempts to locate the audio taped communications to Air Force One.
example sentences with attempt15) After many fruitless attempts, Small Heath eventually scored from a scrimmage, but Jimmy Martin extended Blackpool's lead again.
16) It had been 10 minutes since my last fruitless attempt and the permit were slowly working their way back over towards us.
17) Nelson meanwhile had crossed the Mediterranean again in a fruitless attempt to locate the French and had returned to Naples to re-provision.
18) So why do fundamentalist conventions forget about the important biblical stuff, like their own diet, and instead concentrate on the fruitless attempts to debunk natural selection?
19) While she, Paige, had to duck and dive, in fruitless attempts to shake a limpet-like pursuit in order to keep up the chase.
20) Three hours were consumed in fruitless attempts to destroy these pillboxes with explosives, while the Germans shot flares and fired at anything that mod.
21) People are sensible to ignore these fruitless attempts at philosophy and 'content themselves with daily experience' and common sense, even if this is merely 'feeding upon acorns'.
22) In 1908 England brought false charges against the country and followed these up with a fruitless attempt to take military possession of Monrovia.
23) After fruitless attempts to negotiate a way to divvy up the dough fairly, they all decide it's every man ("including the old bag") for himself and begin a race to see who reaches the money first.
24) In this sanguinary conflict the greatest part of the Turkish army perished, for those who escaped the sword were mostly drowned in their fruitless attempt to get off to the vessels in the bay.
25) A meeting had been called at one of the local schools, another in a series of as yet fruitless attempts to persuade businesses not to abandon the area to inner-city rot.
26) After a number of fruitless attempts from early in the war to bring the "Big Three" together, Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin were finally to meet face to face.
27) After many fruitless attempts to re-enter the château, I was recognized by the Swiss Guard of one of the gates, and I succeeded in entering.
28) The ultimately fruitless attempt to help the Army's defenders of the Philippines, stranded by the calamity that had befallen the Pacific Fleet, dominated Eisenhower's attention for months.
29) Tipu had also descended to the coastal plain, where he plowed through the Carnatic and even met with the French at Pondicherry in a fruitless attempt to draw them into the conflict.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of fruitless attempt
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of fruitless attempt with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with fruitless attempt
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word fruitless attempt in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with fruitless attempt.
20 examples of simple sentences of fruitless attempt. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of fruitless attempt
Compound Sentences with fruitless attempt
Complex Sentences with fruitless attempt
Compound-Complex Sentences with fruitless attempt