chancel arch in a sentence
1) The pointed chancel arch is 13th century.
2) The chapel's striking chancel arch was another matter.
3) The chancel arch has been dated as from 1080.
chancel arch example sentences4) The weathering of the earlier roof remains above the chancel arch .
5) The tower arch and chancel arch remain from Norman times.
6) Behind the pulpit was a fine chancel arch of dressed stone.
7) The chancel had an apse and a narrow chancel arch .
8) The Romanesque chancel arch has three orders, with highly ornamented capitals.
9) Its features include a fine 12th-century chancel arch and medieval preaching cross.
10) At its west end is a 14th-century Decorated Gothic chancel arch .
11) Beneath the chancel arch stands the high altar, under an ornate baldachin.
12) The chancel arch includes pairs of colonettes made of red granite on corbels.
13) The chancel arch is 15th century and its responds have moulded capitals and bases.
14) Access was via a narrow rood stair set into the piers supporting the chancel arch .
15) The jambs of the chancel arch are supported on plinths that project only slightly.
example sentences with chancel arch16) The chancel arch is double-chamfered on both sides with part-octagonal responds and crenellated capitals.
17) The nave and chancel together make a six-arch arcade, with a wide chancel arch .
18) The south door, the west tower and the chancel arch are original 12th century features.
19) The chancel arch and east window were finely decorated, through many of the stones are now missing.
20) The two small side altars by the chancel arch contain Nazarene figures created by Dominikus Trenkwalder in 1893.
21) Rood - a great cross, or crucifix, placed on the rood-beam in the chancel arch .
22) The 12th-century chancel arch has a two-centred head, and the responds have scalloped capitals and moulded bases.
23) The nave and chancel are separated by an ancient chancel arch which has recesses for a reredos on each side.
24) The chancel arch , also 13th-century and unusually broad, similarly has chamfering to the walls of the nave.
25) At the left side of the chancel arch is the opening for the door which led to the rood loft.
26) There are three green men on the imposts of the chancel arch , carved heads with foliage issuing from their mouths.
27) The cathedral has nine altars: the high altar, six side altars, and two small altars by the chancel arch .
28) We know an older nave existed by the wall Paintings over the chancel arch , these paintings uncovered by Mrs Baker A.R.C.A. were dated from the 12th century.
How to use chancel arch in a sentence
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of chancel arch
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of chancel arch with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with chancel arch
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word chancel arch in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with chancel arch.
20 examples of simple sentences of chancel arch. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of chancel arch
Compound Sentences with chancel arch
Complex Sentences with chancel arch
Compound-Complex Sentences with chancel arch