pointed arch in a sentence
1) The pointed chancel arch is 13th century.
2) Lancet - slender window with pointed arch .
3) The west doorway has a very weathered, pointed arch .
pointed arch example sentences
pointed arch example sentences4) The tower continues with another narrowed floor and with pointed arch .
5) This dates from 1896 and has a plain pointed arch .
6) The pointed arch lends itself to a suggestion of height.
7) In the east wall is the trace of a pointed arch .
8) The pointed arch was later restored.
9) The gateway to the tomb has a pointed arch with marble bands.
10) The present window has three trefoil-headed lights under a pointed arch .
11) The pointed arch was not new.
12) Both of these stem from the original adoption of the pointed arch .
13) This, in turn became a basic geometry for the pointed gothic arch .
14) The lower boundary of the thorax has the shape of a pointed arch .
15) Its characteristics include the pointed arch , the ribbed vault and the flying buttress.
example sentences with pointed arch16) Blind galleries surmount the pointed arch and form a frieze below the cornice line.
17) The widespread application of the pointed arch was to influence European architecture of the Medieval period.
18) The way in which the pointed arch was drafted and utilised developed throughout the Gothic period.
19) It returns from the crusades with the pointed arch , like the nations with liberty.
20) All pointed archs of the mansion are protected by iron bars, mosquito nets and louver shutters.
21) Between this side-chapel and the south aisle of the nave is an Early English pointed arch .
22) Those technologies were the ogival or pointed arch , the ribbed vault, and the buttress.
23) It has a pointed arch and on top of it, is placed the founder's shield.
24) The simplest shape is the long opening with a pointed arch known in England as the lancet.
25) A Gothic pointed arch could be extended upwards or flattened to any proportion that suited the location.
26) Above the relatively simple portal an archivolt or ornamental band encircles the ogival or pointed Gothic arch .
27) From within the great gate, the Mausoleum is framed by the pointed arch of the portal.
28) The tower rises from a central carriage arch with an ogee-shaped hood mould above the pointed arch .
How to use pointed arch in a sentence29) A tall pointed arch separates the altar area from the apse, where the Blessed Sacrament is reserved.
30) Remarkable engineering feats include the 430 m long Sangarius Bridge and the pointed arch of Karamagara Bridge.
31) Gothic architecture is the architecture of the late medieval period, characterised by use of the pointed arch .
32) Under the Almohads architecture flourished, the Giralda being built in Seville and the pointed arch being introduced.
33) It is a simple dark brick building with Vernacular-style windows and a west-end entrance set under a pointed arch .
34) The lower storey contains a doorway with a pointed arch , and the upper storey has a two-light window.
35) The most significant and characteristic development of the Early English period was the pointed arch known as the lancet.
36) In Spain the most used arch was the semicircular although the horseshoe arch and the pointed arch were also used.
37) The class characterised by the circular arch was the Romanesque class; that by the pointed arch was the Gothic.
38) German builders tended to adopt the Gothic vault and the pointed arch to go with it, but little else.
39) The east side entrance, now primary, was provided with a pointed overhead arch and granite columns on both sides.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of pointed arch
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of pointed arch with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with pointed arch
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word pointed arch in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with pointed arch.
20 examples of simple sentences of pointed arch. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of pointed arch
Compound Sentences with pointed arch
Complex Sentences with pointed arch
Compound-Complex Sentences with pointed arch