axial compressor in a sentence
1) An axial compressor is a machine that can continuously pressurise gases.
2) axial compressors consist of rotating and stationary components.
3) The patent showed a two-stage axial compressor feeding a single-sided centrifugal compressor.
4) Instead of using an axial turbine compressor, RC jet engines use a centrifugal compressor.
axial compressor example sentences5) axial compressors rely on spinning blades that have aerofoil sections, similar to aeroplane wings.
6) axial compressors can have high efficiencies; around 90% polytropic at their design conditions.
7) To achieve different pressure ratios, axial compressors are designed with different numbers of stages and rotational speeds.
8) Centrifugal compressors need fewer moving parts than axial turbine compressors, and are more efficient for small applications.
9) Unstable flow in axial compressors due to complete breakdown of the steady through flow is term as surging.
10) For all of these reasons, axial compressors on modern jet engines are considerably more complex than those on earlier designs.
11) This relationship is the reason advances in turbines and axial compressors often find their way into other turbomachinery including centrifugal compressors.
12) Although secondary flows occur in all turbomachinery, it is particularly considered in axial flow compressors because of the thick boundary layers on the annulus walls.
13) Early axial compressors offered poor efficiency, so poor that in the early 1920s a number of papers claimed that a practical jet engine would be impossible to construct.
14) axial compressors, particularly near design conditions are, on the whole, amenable to analytical treatment, and usually a good estimate of their performance can be made before they are run.
example sentences with axial15) axial compressors are integral to the design of large gas turbines such as jet engines, high speed ship engines, and small scale power stations.
16) axial flow compressors produce a continuous flow of compressed gas, and have the benefits of high efficiency and large mass flow rate, particularly in relation to their size and cross-section.
17) This is identical to an axial compressor with the exception that the gases can reach higher velocities and energy levels through the impeller's increasing radius.
18) In a practical gas turbine, mechanical energy is irreversibly transformed into heat when gases are compressed (in either a centrifugal or axial compressor ), due to internal friction and turbulence.
19) It's often called a "Poseidon pump", and can be described as a cross between an axial compressor and a centrifugal pump.
20) Practical axial compressors were made possible by ideas from A.A.Griffith in a seminal paper in 1926 ("An Aerodynamic Theory of Turbine Design").
21) Representation of the performance characteristics of axial compressor can be done by following parameters:
22) Type: Bristol-Siddeley Orpheus 701 turbojet single-stage turbine, 7-stage axial compressor, 7 flame tubes; turbine inlet temp 640 °C,
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of axial compressor
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of axial compressor with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with axial compressor
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word axial compressor in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with axial compressor.
20 examples of simple sentences of axial compressor. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of axial compressor
Compound Sentences with axial compressor
Complex Sentences with axial compressor
Compound-Complex Sentences with axial compressor