aweigh in a sentence
1) The school's theme song is "Anchors Aweigh".
2) The "anchors aweigh" function actually happened twice on the LST 325 cruise.
3) Hi nice site, Homeward bound, anchors aweigh full steam to Coventry.
4) At Large in Ballard: Anchors Aweigh!
aweigh example sentences5) In 1945, Sinatra co-starred with Gene Kelly in "Anchors Aweigh".
6) Hobart Football Club also has a song sung to the tune of "Anchors Aweigh".
7) Page 9 of 14 Service Song Standardize the use of our Service Song, Anchors Aweigh.
8) Anchors's aweigh continued.
9) The term "aweigh" describes an anchor when it is hanging on the rode and is not resting on the bottom.
10) Upon his nomination at the party convention, the band initially played "Anchors Aweigh" as a nod to FDR's former stint as assistant secretary of the Navy.
11) Thankfully, this damage was insignificant, and as the battleship slowly returned to the harbor the band played Missouri Waltz, Anchors Aweigh, and Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen.
12) aweigh – (sometimes seen (improperly) as "away") When a ship raises (weighs) anchor, the anchor is said to be aweigh as soon as it is no longer in contact with the sea bottom.
13) aweigh – (sometimes seen (improperly) as "away") When a ship raises (weighs) anchor, the anchor is said to be aweigh as soon as it is no longer in contact with the sea bottom.
14) He rewrote the book for the musical "Ankles Aweigh" for an 1988 production staged by the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, Connecticut.
example sentences with aweigh15) It is sung to the tune of "Anchors Aweigh" The lyrics were written by John K. Watts, an ex-player of the club.
16) In 1945, Jerry made an appearance in the live-action MGM musical feature film "Anchors Aweigh", in which, through the use of special effects, he performs a dance routine with Gene Kelly.
17) Both Tom and Jerry speak more than once in the 1943 short "The Lonesome Mouse", while Jerry was voiced by Sara Berner during his appearance in the 1945 MGM musical "Anchors Aweigh".
18) Donen and Kelly tested the limits of film's potential with the Jerry the Mouse dance in "Anchors Aweigh", one of the time's most sophisticated combinations of live action and animation.
19) In 1944 Donen and Kelly choreographed the musical "Anchors Aweigh", released by MGM in 1945 and starring Kelly and Frank Sinatra.
20) A six-piece jazz band punctuated each eulogy with Charlie's favorites "As Time Goes By", "My Way", and in honor of his years as a naval intelligence officer "Anchors Aweigh", and "Navy Hymn".
21) Harold Johnson recalled that Hefti's first scores for that band were "Swingin' On Lennox Avenue" and "More Than You Know," as well as a very popular arrangement of "Anchors Aweigh".
22) The most famous of these was a scene during the movie "Anchors Aweigh", in which actor Gene Kelly danced with an animated Jerry Mouse (of "Tom and Jerry" fame).
23) Sinatra gained the role, ultimately taking a pay cut in the process (earning $8,000, a huge drop from his $130,000 salary for "Anchors Aweigh") to star in the film.
24) Kelly appeared in six of the sketches, one of which, "La Cumparsita", became the basis of an extended Spanish number in "Anchors aweigh (film)" eight years later.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of aweigh
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of aweigh with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with aweigh
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word aweigh in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with aweigh.
20 examples of simple sentences of aweigh. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of aweigh
Compound Sentences with aweigh
Complex Sentences with aweigh
Compound-Complex Sentences with aweigh