artillery duel in a sentence
1) Around 2pm the artillery duel started.
2) An artillery duel continued until long after dark.
3) As a result, the attacking nationalists lost the artillery duel .
artillery duel example sentences4) However, the artillery duel was a very one sided affair.
5) A short artillery duel ensued before the Harwich Force withdrew.
6) This time the artillery duel was won by the Poles.
7) The start of the artillery duel galvanized Napoleon.
8) FAPLA artillery returned fire and artillery duels begun.
9) There was a furious artillery duel .
10) During this period, fighting consisted mainly of artillery duels and raids.
11) The days were filled with minor attacks, artillery duels and sniping.
12) The opposing forces also had artillery duels on July 11 and July 12.
13) They had been engaged in a day-long artillery duel with the regular army.
14) It was limited mainly to cruisers and battleships fighting artillery duels with Finnish forts.
15) The King's party withdrew out of range and an artillery duel took place.
example sentences with artillery duel16) The artillery duel continued on 28 April, but other enemy activity dropped off significantly.
17) The two and a half hour artillery duel diminished the State Guard's ammunition.
18) By early afternoon, the artillery duel had begun; and the enemy suffered most.
19) The artillery duel continued, but the situation of Fort No. 56 was becoming critical.
20) At first the battle was primarily a siege marked by artillery duels and small skirmishes.
21) Their 11 guns engaged in a fierce artillery duel across 300 yd against Jackson's 13.
22) It was dangerous work and he made vivid accounts of narrow misses and deadly artillery duels .
23) Crook pulled up on the west bank, and a long, ineffective artillery duel ensued.
24) The other sketch represents the two armies before Petersburg engaged in an artillery duel at midnight.
25) Sher Singh advanced against him, resulting in a day-long artillery duel at Sadullapur.
26) The two generals, Rodríguez and Oviedo, fought a brief artillery duel over Asunción.
27) The Federal infantry retired after a sharp musketry fight, and a 45-minute artillery duel ensued.
28) The two ships engaged in a brief artillery duel , beginning at a range of 18,500 meters.
How to use artillery duel in a sentence29) Knox's tactical theory discouraged artillery duels and urged his gunners to direct their fire on infantry targets.
30) On February 20, 1845, a grand artillery duel went on all day until ammunition ran low.
31) Hill's brigades, when the artillery duel recommenced, had halted at the foot of the slope.
32) An artillery duel of an hour silenced the rebel guns first engaged, but disclosed others right and left.
33) Attacks on Hill 1098 ended the month with the roar of artillery duels echoing through the Maritime Alps.
34) For most of September, artillery duels and raids by both sides took place from Vauxaillon to Craonne.
35) When I inquired what they were I was told they were shell casings from an artillery duel with Pakistan.
36) He commenced an artillery duel with the main batteries, until the storm obliged him to suspend the indecisive action.
37) As the first Union men emerged from the North Woods and into the Cornfield, an artillery duel erupted.
38) The British towed away the frigates, but an artillery duel continued for some time between British and American gunners.
39) Confronted by his superior, he explained his rationale, claiming withdrawal was more hazardous than continuing his overmatched artillery duel .
40) No one was killed in the artillery duel , but the attack on the U.S. fortress meant the fighting had started.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of artillery duel
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of artillery duel with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with artillery duel
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word artillery duel in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with artillery duel.
20 examples of simple sentences of artillery duel. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of artillery duel
Compound Sentences with artillery duel
Complex Sentences with artillery duel
Compound-Complex Sentences with artillery duel