archegonia in a sentence
1) The female organs are known as archegonia ("sing.
2) Two archegonia can be seen in this photograph.
3) Antheridia and archegonia develop on the mature plant (the gametophyte).
archegonia example sentences4) Megaspores germinate producing megagametophytes; at maturity one or more archegonia are produced.
5) Male and female stems develop antheridia and archegonia , respectively, at their tips.
6) Eggs develop within the archegonia .
7) Sporophytes grow out of archegonia .
8) Mature male and female stems develop antheridia and archegonia , which produce sperm and eggs, respectively.
9) Dioicous - Having two forms of gametophyte, one form bearing antheridia and one form bearing archegonia .
10) The gametophytes or thallus, produce both motile sperm in the antheridia and egg cells in separate archegonia .
11) Monoicous - Having a single form of gametophyte bearing both antheridia and archegonia , either together or on separate branches.
12) The archegonia are small flask-shaped clumps of cells with an open neck (venter) down which the male sperm swim.
13) The sperm have only a tiny distance to travel to the archegonia , of which there are usually two or three.
14) The sporophyte consists of a foot that anchors the sporophyte to the archegonia , a stalk, and a spore capsule.
15) As in other land plants, the female organs are known as archegonia ("singular:" archegonium) and are protected by the thin surrounding perichaetum ("plural:" perichaeta).
example sentences with archegonia16) In the presence of water, the biflagellate sperm from the antheridia swim to the archegonia and fertilisation occurs, leading to the production of a diploid sporophyte.
17) It is dioicous: male plants produce only antheridia in terminal rosettes, female plants produce only archegonia in the form of stalked capsules.
18) Archegonia : A flask-shaped structure that produces a single egg at the bottom, reached by the sperm by swimming down the neck.
19) Involucre - A tube of thallus tissue that protects the archegonia
20) Paraphyses - Sterile hairs surrounding the archegonia and antheridia
21) "Antheridia and archegonia occur on different gametophytes," which are then called dioicous.
22) "Antheridia and archegonia occur on the same gametophyte," which is then called monoicous.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archegonia
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archegonia with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archegonia
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archegonia in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archegonia.
20 examples of simple sentences of archegonia. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archegonia
Compound Sentences with archegonia
Complex Sentences with archegonia
Compound-Complex Sentences with archegonia