archaism in a sentence
1) Only on coins of imperial times is the archaism discarded.
2) McCarthy's use of archaisms is also brought under scrutiny.
3) These often reflect centuries-old variation or constitute archaisms .
archaism example sentences4) Today " Indostan" is regarded as an archaism .
5) The archaisms of the campus bell and the gargoyle raise several questions.
6) The stated intention was to produce a fresh translation, free of archaisms .
7) In formal registers being used as a singular second person pronoun, for archaism .
8) Today it is regarded as an archaism and replaced by the handheld calculator.
9) They are still perfectly legal, but very rare, often representing a deliberate archaism .
10) Supposed weaknesses of style like his unfashionable archaism , need not obstruct appreciation.
11) Hittite contains a number of archaisms that have disappeared from other IE languages.
12) Both authors created distinctive, singular worlds of fantasy and employed archaisms in their writings.
13) To distinguish itself from contemporary colloquial language, standard language usage includes archaisms and honorific colours.
14) Any lexical divergence within any of the two groups can be explained as an archaism .
15) This style expressed the every day language used by the educated, along with naturally embedded archaisms .
example sentences with archaism16) Cases are still occasionally used productively as deliberate archaisms , which are often calques of existing phrases.
17) However, the question of exactly which archaisms to re-introduce provoked much acrimonious bickering among scholars.
18) A few archaisms still used (aorist in the perfective aspect бысть 'was').
19) The artistic literature often resorted to archaisms and did not respect the natural development of the spoken language.
20) The reform was to remove the archaisms , neologisms and vulgarisms supposedly introduced by the "national-democrats".
21) The poems were compared to Milton's and Trediakovsky's on account of their detached, calculated archaism .
22) Beside lexemes of the educated German language, Weismann's "Lexicon" also contains regionalisms and archaisms .
23) Also it is important to note that the Latvian ablative case is not an archaism but rather an innovation.
24) Conversely, in Spain today "vos" is considered a highly exalted archaism that is virtually confined to liturgy.
25) Thus being able to diagram a sentence or know the difference between a direct and indirect object became an archaism .
26) So we may also expect to hear the cry " archaisms !" or something similar from some lay people.
27) Since it was the Early Modern English of the 17th century, numerous archaisms from that period are present.
28) Spenser's style is standardized, lyrically sophisticated, and full of archaisms that give the poem an original taste.
How to use archaism in a sentence29) A primeval vagueness and archaism hangs over the all the canvases and cartoons, like frescoes from some prehistoric temple.
30) The few archaisms have disappeared, and so have all such outworn tricks as that exemplified in the stanza quoted above.
31) Marc L. Greenberg: archaisms and innovations in the dialect of Središče: (Southeastern Prlekija, Slovenia).
32) This influence can be seen in his style with its archaisms or provincialisms, its glowing imagery and its passionate temper.
33) There is neither archaism nor the awkward padding characteristic of many verse translations, which fill out lines for purposes of rhyme.
34) However, S. J. Harrison argues that some archaisms of syntax in the transmitted text may be the result of textual corruption.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of archaism
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of archaism with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with archaism
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word archaism in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with archaism.
20 examples of simple sentences of archaism. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of archaism
Compound Sentences with archaism
Complex Sentences with archaism
Compound-Complex Sentences with archaism