alliterate in a sentence
1) Two of the stressed syllables alliterate with one another.
2) They have an alliterating , chirping song.
3) All vowels alliterate with each other.
alliterate example sentences4) The second lift in the b-verse does not alliterate with the first lifts.
5) The second stressed syllable of the off-verse does not usually alliterate with the others.
6) The first stressed syllable must alliterate with the alliterative stressed syllables of the previous line.
7) Alliterate : witty Whicker's wonderful way with words has a lot to answer for.
8) Benedict Bouverie, she said, was affected in any case, because it alliterated .
9) A dark art that counts alliterated mystics Frankie Frisch and Mickey Mantle among its masters .
10) There must be at least one of the alliterating sounds on each side of the caesura.
11) The need to find an appropriate alliterating word gave certain other distinctive features to alliterative verse as well.
12) In one of these the writing is prose, in the other a combination of prose and alliterating verse.
13) This definition is also found in the common pseudo-archaic, alliterating right-wing phrase, "Verräter verfallen der Feme!
14) Old English poetry traditionally alliterates , meaning that a sound (usually the initial consonant sound) is repeated throughout a line.
15) At least two lifts, usually three, alliterate , always including the main stave (the first lift of the second half-line).
example sentences with alliterate16) The first stressed syllable of the off-verse, or second half-line, usually alliterates with one or both of the stressed syllables of the on-verse, or first half-line.
17) Unpalatized "c" (pronounced ) Alliterated with palatized "c" (pronounced in late Old English), apparently because the sounds were once just one sound ().
18) The consonant clusters "st-", "sp-" and "sc-" are treated as separate sounds (so "st-" only alliterates with "st-", not with "s-" or "sp-").
19) The first (and, if there is one, sometimes the second) lift in the a-verse alliterates with the first lift in the b-verse.
20) The letter is called "om" to distinguish it from ; the vowel "o" alliterates well in the alphabetical sequence "el, om, en, o, pa.
21) We ... of the Spear Danes in days of yore"), the stressed words "Gar-Dena" and "gear-dagum" alliterate on the consonant "G".
22) However, elves are frequently mentioned in the alliterating formulaic collocation "Æsir ok Álfar" ('Æsir and elves') and its variants.
23) The contrasting vowels of the alliterated "fold" and "feed" point up very powerfully the ominous way in which nature has deprived Venus of Adonis.
24) Don't rehearse pithy, alliterated sentences for some possible outcome, like "It's magical Messi, the messianic maestro!" We can tell, you know.
25) Both forms alliterate so probably the distribution of initial w/g is stable..
26) The rhyming and alliterating words tungl and tingl are also found in Jór Send 4 /3.
27) Note also the pervasive pattern of alliteration, where the first and/or second stress alliterate with the third, but not with the fourth.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of alliterate
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of alliterate with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with alliterate
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word alliterate in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with alliterate.
20 examples of simple sentences of alliterate. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of alliterate
Compound Sentences with alliterate
Complex Sentences with alliterate
Compound-Complex Sentences with alliterate