allied naval in a sentence
1) Witt was killed by an allied naval barrage in 1944.
2) The parallel allied naval effort was Operation "Retribution".
3) In WWI Ajaccio served as an allied naval base.
allied naval example sentences4) However, a nervous allied naval vessel suddenly fired on the formation.
5) The allied naval bombardments were successful in disrupting the Japanese steel industry.
6) The Director Task Force was supported by allied naval and air units.
7) Moreover, allied naval vessels had not been cleared from the approach corridor.
8) However allied naval supremacy had left a dearth of targets for the group.
9) Whilst she was operational these allied naval resources had to be kept on hand.
10) Instead, the battleship was being maintained in active service to tie down allied naval resources.
11) Captain Francis William Fane of the "Cambrian" commanded the allied naval squadron.
12) The Seventh Fleet commander also served as commander of allied naval forces in the SWPA.
13) The effectiveness of the air attacks against allied naval assets was apparent in the Italian naval records.
14) Halifax played an even bigger role in the allied naval war effort of World War II.
15) Originally established to mitigate famines in Greece caused by allied naval blockades during World War II.
example sentences with allied naval16) The allied naval forces were also grouped into two task forces to transport and support the invading armies.
17) The allied naval plans were stalled after the Duke's inconclusive battle with the Dutch at Solebay.
18) Rebeur-Paschwitz's intention was to draw allied naval forces away from Palestine in support of Turkish forces there.
19) The plans called for two simultaneous attacks against allied naval vessels in the Indian and South Pacific Oceans.
20) During the Guadalcanal and Solomon Islands campaigns, Tulagi served as an important base for allied naval operations.
21) It lists the 5,843 men who died while executing suicide attacks against allied naval vessels in World War II.
22) Finally, allied naval support was not available to carry out an amphibious landing farther up in the Plantation.
23) While gunfire was sighted by nearby coastwatchers, allied naval authorities only learned of the attack when Lt. Cdr.
24) Many Japanese attempted to cross the strait separating Tarakan from the mainland but were intercepted by allied naval patrols.
25) Ceylon (now known as Sri Lanka), was a British colony and a major allied naval base.
26) The "Stukas", however, had numerous successes against allied naval vessels. was sunk on 30 April.
27) During the bombardment, several Japanese aircraft approached the allied ships and two were shot down by allied naval fighters.
28) Banjul contained an airstrip for the US Army Air Forces and a port of call for allied naval convoys.
How to use allied naval in a sentence29) These were the same cruisers that had defeated an allied naval surface force in the earlier Battle of Savo Island.
30) On 2 February 1942 Chicago departed Pearl Harbor for Suva Bay where she joined the newly formed allied naval force.
31) Nimitz placed Fletcher in command of allied naval forces in the South Pacific area until Halsey arrived with TF 16.
32) In mid-1945 the allied naval commanders decided to use battleships to conduct a series of attacks against Japanese coastal cities.
33) The overall commander of allied naval forces in the Guadalcanal and Tulagi operation was U.S. Vice Admiral Frank Jack Fletcher.
34) The Japanese Combined Fleet was also seeking to draw allied naval forces into what was hoped to be a decisive battle.
35) By colonising the peninsula it was hoped that Anzacs would open up to the waters up to the allied naval forces.
36) Despite extensive precautions to avoid an incident, near the Sicilian coast a nervous allied naval vessel suddenly fired upon the formation.
37) Luftwaffe air reconnaissance had chronicled the allied naval buildup for General Friedrich Wiese, commanding the defending Nineteenth Army in southern France.
38) This way, the Germans would be well out of the range of allied naval guns and could easily secure an advantage.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of allied naval
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of allied naval with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with allied naval
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word allied naval in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with allied naval.
20 examples of simple sentences of allied naval. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of allied naval
Compound Sentences with allied naval
Complex Sentences with allied naval
Compound-Complex Sentences with allied naval