Austrasia in a sentence
1) At that time, she ruled Austrasia as queen.
2) Early medieval Cologne was part of Austrasia within the Frankish Empire.
3) She may be inspired by the Visigothic princess Brunhilda of Austrasia.
4) Nearest to Austrasia was Westphalia and furthest away was Eastphalia.
Austrasia example sentences5) In 592 Guntram dies and Childebert becomes king of Austrasia and Burgundy.
6) In 716, Chilperic and Ragenfrid together led an army into Austrasia.
7) Soon the local levy spread to Austrasia and the less Romanised regions of Gaul.
8) It is a notable historical document because it is linked to queen Brunhilda of Austrasia.
9) He continued her feud with Queen Brunhilda of Austrasia with equal viciousness and bloodshed.
10) The southern Netherlands remained the northern part of Austrasia until the rise of the Carolingians.
11) They were forced to pay compensation for what they had robbed before they could enter Austrasia.
12) This prevented an uprising on his behalf in Austrasia, but not in Neustria.
13) Later divisions produced the stable units of Austrasia, Neustria, Burgundy and Aquitania.
14) Sundgau was incorporated into the kingdom of Austrasia and Christianity was introduced under the Merovingians.
example sentences with Austrasia15) In 623, he gave the kingdom of Austrasia to his young son Dagobert I.
16) His journey took him through Austrasia, where he was hospitably received by members of the aristocracy.
17) But Dagobert, now the semi-autonomous king of Austrasia, negotiated its return in 626.
18) His troops dispersed immediately, and Brunhilda placed her great-grandson Sigebert II on the throne of Austrasia.
19) Brunhilda ruled Austrasia until Childebert came of age in 583, at the traditional Merovingian majority of thirteen.
20) Having unified the Franks under his banner, Charles was determined to punish the Saxons who had invaded Austrasia.
21) For Charles the Younger he designated Austrasia and Neustria, Saxony, Burgundy, and Thuringia.
22) Between the 6th and 8th centuries, the city was the residence of the Merovingian kings of Austrasia.
23) He then remained in Austrasia for the winter, keeping close to the Saxon border, ready for further insurrection.
24) After the death of the Frankish king Clovis I in 511, his four sons partitioned his kingdom including Austrasia.
25) Louis III received the ancient northern partitions of the Merovingian kingdom, Neustria and Austrasia (including the Lorraine).
26) The core territory of the Frankish kingdom later came to be known as Austrasia (the "eastern lands").
27) The city became the prey of the Franks under Thierry II (Theodoric), King of Austrasia in 612.
How to use Austrasia in a sentence28) Brynhildr may be inspired by the Visigothic princess Brunhilda of Austrasia, who married Merovingian king Sigebert I in 567.
29) Under the so-called "rois fainéants", the levies disappeared by mid-century in Austrasia and later in Burgundy and Neustria.
30) When Charles returned to Austrasia in the autumn, he met the ambassadors of both Hadrian I and Desiderius at Thionville.
31) The couple was clearly inspired by Merovingian king Sigebert I (Clovis' grandson) and his wife Brunhilda of Austrasia.
32) For example, the marriage between Gertrude's sister Begga and Ansegisel helped set the stage for a Carolingian takeover of Austrasia.
33) Now in 596 Theudebert received Austrasia, and Theuderic Burgundy, apparently cementing the divisions created by Charibert's death in 567.
34) It was expected to reconvene at the council of Troyes, but Austrasia refused to participate if Guntram would not disinherit Clothar.
35) Upon his death the title of Emperor, the Frankish territories of Austrasia and Neustria, plus Saxony, Burgundy and Thuringia, would go to his eldest son Charles.
36) The entire land was to be divided into missionary territories, each division under the religious instruction of a group of monks from Austrasia.
37) Charles led an army of Neustrians over the western Pyrenees, while a further force levied from Austrasia, Lombardy and Burgundy, crossed the eastern Pyrenees.
38) Many hostages from the families of tribal chiefs were taken, mainly youths who were deposited in Christian monasteries in Austrasia, Charles' homeland territory.
39) The latter, however, died four years later: of his sons, Theudebert II inherited Austrasia, and Theuderic II Burgundy.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Austrasia
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Austrasia with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Austrasia
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Austrasia in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Austrasia.
20 examples of simple sentences of Austrasia. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Austrasia
Compound Sentences with Austrasia
Complex Sentences with Austrasia
Compound-Complex Sentences with Austrasia