Australian ballot in a sentence
1) Dunn supported the Australian ballot system, which helped to eliminate vote buying.
2) In 1892, Grover Cleveland became the first president elected in part with Australian ballots.
3) In 1856, the Australian ballot required voters to strike through the names of unwanted candidates.
4) So, in theory, every high school graduate should know what the Australian ballot system is.
Australian ballot example sentences5) In 1891 Alabama adopted the Australian ballot box, which made voting more complicated, and difficult for those who were illiterate.
6) The Australian ballot system, introduced into the United States in the late nineteenth century, is an abridgement of freedom of expression and of voting rights.
7) Although the effort failed, Dunn still played a pivotal role in the state's efforts in election reform with the adoption of the Australian ballot system.
8) Election by secret ballot was enacted (although the terms did not satisfy all of the secrecy rules of an Australian ballot), as was plurality voting under some conditions.
9) However, there is no state law that requires towns to vote by Australian ballot; several towns still conduct all business "from the floor".
10) Many towns vote on matters of substance (e.g., budgets, elected officials, etc.) by secret ballot (also known as Australian ballot).
11) For a more complete discussion of the adoption of the Australian Ballot, see Saltman, Roy G., (2006), "The History and Politics of Voting Technology," Palgrave Macmillan, NY, pp. 96–103.
12) The first state to adopt the secret ballot, also called The Australian Ballot, was Massachusetts in 1888 under the leadership of Richard Henry Dana III.
13) This system was adopted around the world, becoming known as the "Australian Ballot". 1855 also saw the granting of the right to vote to all male British subjects 21 years or over in South Australia.
14) Instruction shall be given in all such schools and institutions in the method of voting at elections by means of the Australian ballot system and the method of the counting of votes for candidates.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Australian ballot
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Australian ballot with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Australian ballot
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Australian ballot in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Australian ballot.
20 examples of simple sentences of Australian ballot. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Australian ballot
Compound Sentences with Australian ballot
Complex Sentences with Australian ballot
Compound-Complex Sentences with Australian ballot