barrage balloon in a sentence
1) A ring of barrage balloons protected the docks.
2) They flew barrage balloons, commissioned perspectives and held a public inquiry.
3) Rose is carried away on a rope attached to a barrage balloon.
4) The illusion was bolstered by a group of small craft towing barrage balloons.
barrage balloon example sentences5) There was an active light flak battery but no searchlights or barrage balloons.
6) The principal form of defence against night attacks simply comprised anti-aircraft guns and barrage balloons.
7) In the Gosport area, 10 barrage balloons were shot down and two damaged.
8) There were some barrage balloons.
9) The winch man was running out the cable, allowing the barrage balloon to rise.
10) He was commissioned as acting pilot officer and posted to 911 Squadron ( barrage balloons).
11) Throughout the war, the Irish Air Corps shot down dozens of escaped British barrage balloons.
12) In addition, Yawata and northern Kyūshū were defended by anti-aircraft artillery units and barrage balloons.
13) Recruits initially jumped from a converted barrage balloon and finished with five parachute jumps from an aircraft.
14) Three view of the man-carrying Rotachute with the pneumatic or ' barrage balloon' tail section.
example sentences with balloon15) Biplane victories: 16 and 1 shared destroyed, 1 probable, 8 damaged, 1 barrage balloon.
16) It was now quite clear that barrage balloons were much more a hindrance than a help to London.
17) Highbury was requisitioned as an ARP station, with a barrage balloon operating behind the Clock End.
18) The resistance have captured a barrage balloon, which will be inflated in the yard behind the café.
19) Paris was also protected by barrage balloons, a measure only taken by the British later in the war.
20) A troop of gunners occupied the decaying service wing, and the park was used for the inflation of barrage balloons.
21) Rather than being dropped from a bomber, this bomb was suspended from a string of four vertically stacked barrage balloons.
22) The expression was reinforced during WW2 when the hoisting of barrage balloons was part of the preparations for an air raid.
23) Their ships and crews were put at the disposal of the Royal Navy, for coastal patrols and launching barrage balloons.
24) World War II barrage balloons were actually tethered by steel cables to winches anchored to the ground and not by ropes.
25) Biplane victories: 6 and 2 shared destroyed, 1 damaged, 2 destroyed on the ground, 1 barrage balloon destroyed.
26) barrage balloons were limited in application, and had minimal success at bringing down aircraft, being largely immobile and passive defenses.
27) Through his window, Carrington could see a silver barrage balloon, rising slowly on its cable into the clear blue sky.
28) Large numbers of ATS also served with the artillery divisions as crews for the guns,s searchlights and barrage balloons.
29) Launches against Britain were met by a variety of countermeasures, including barrage balloons, Hawker Tempests, and even Gloster Meteors.
30) By the 14th of November Coventry had 56 barrage balloons, which were typically deployed at various heights up to around 5,000 feet (nearly a mile).
31) Despite the losses, small barrage balloons anchored to each ship, and a number of overshoots of the bombs, the attack succeeded in hitting several of the vessels.
32) One night after the Lancasters raided the continent, one of them mortally wounded, could not climb above one of the tethered barrage balloons.
33) Finally, on 20 September, during an attack on three barrage balloons, he was again seriously wounded by a bullet which passed through his thigh and amputated the little finger of his left hand.
34) While the P-51 pilots only occasionally encountered Japanese fighters in the air, the airfields were protected by anti-aircraft batteries and barrage balloons.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of barrage balloon
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of barrage balloon with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with barrage balloon
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word barrage balloon in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with barrage balloon.
20 examples of simple sentences of barrage balloon. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of barrage balloon
Compound Sentences with barrage balloon
Complex Sentences with barrage balloon
Compound-Complex Sentences with barrage balloon