balk in a sentence
1) Ministers balk at the word " subsidy".
2) The banks being thoroughly frightened, have balked.
3) The legislature balked at taking any action.
4) Congress may balk at the spending list.
balk example sentences5) If a facility balks or is vague, find another facility.
6) The clergyman's shy and sensitive reserve had balked this scheme.
7) An illegal pitch when runners are on base is a balk.
8) The students sometimes balk at moving far from their families .
9) Participants may balk at responding to labels for different groups.
10) Serious authors are likely to balk at this requirement.
11) Many groups balk at incurring this type of expense.
12) At some point investors will balk at further financing.
13) In this case, let's review balked landings.
14) But her conscience balked at the idea.
example sentences with balk15) But upon her arrival, he balked.
16) But House members balked at the cost.
17) If he balks, ask why not.
18) Oh yeah–others balk at the length of the songs.
19) When Hughes balked, Dietrich resigned immediately.
20) And some other uniformed unions may balk at a settlement.
21) And you wonder why she and her parents are balking ?
22) Once the door closed behind him, he balked.
23) Orton balked and threw the chair to the floor.
24) Play it too mild and his fanbase will balk .
25) That was the word that Merrill balked at.
26) If you ride a donkey he will balk.
27) But some others balked at Sullivan's demands.
How to use balk in a sentence28) This could be interpreted as balking or hesitation.
29) Ted balks; when pressed, he leaves.
30) Republicans are balking at raising the limit without significant deficit-reduction measures .
31) The entertainment industry balks at God's Law.
32) We'd both balk at 'lover'.
33) They would balk at even the thought.
34) Doctors removed the ball, but the patient balked at surgery.
35) A balk can be called on a pitcher from either position.
36) His obtuseness was but a form of oblique balking.
37) Even some auto writers balked at this automotive oxymoron.
38) When parents balk, the reason is always the same: faith.
39) IGAD and AU members balked at creating the necessary peacekeeping force.
40) Included is information that will make the staunchest vaccine proponent balk.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of balk
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of balk with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with balk
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word balk in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with balk.
20 examples of simple sentences of balk. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of balk
Compound Sentences with balk
Complex Sentences with balk
Compound-Complex Sentences with balk