badinage in a sentence
1) Forget the espionage, listen to the badinage.
2) Mrs Goreng was in no mood for intellectual badinage.
3) He plies her with some more witty badinage, to no effect.
4) Cosby also occasionally slipped in bits of his comic routines during his improvised badinage with Culp.
badinage example sentences5) The ornaments on the wall of the general's quarters gave Stuart many a topic of badinage.
6) So, with laughter and shouts and endless badinage and merriment, the guests take their places.
7) He even developed a nice line in badinage with the unusually genial Labour leader, Mr Neil Kinnock.
8) Among the bystanders were quick to observe this, and indulged in a little badinage at the expense of the steersman.
9) The badinage continued with Pat, Jack, Franca and Ludens standing round the kitchen table and talking all at once.
10) NED SHERRIN presides over an hour of entertaining, provocative talk and badinage with special guests EMMA FREUD and JOHN WALTERS live on Radio 4 from the Elmwood Hall.
11) They engage in yet a third round of witty badinage on the way to the stables, but Ginger still isn't buying.
12) After an interlude of witty badinage, Ginger departs, and Fred, appointing himself her official "sandman," sprinkles sand on the floor of Horace's suite and dances her to sleep.
13) They may indeed be typical, with their everyday badinage about organic beans on toast and the relative nutritional merits of sundry spaghetti sauces.
14) There were no omelette episodes, no Socialist Workers and almost none of what the Prime Minister likes to call 'badinage'.
example sentences with badinage15) Among them is a young gallant named Benedick, with whom Beatrice–the niece of Leonato, Governor of Messina–has engaged in a rhetorical war of comic badinage in action antecedent to the play.
16) The tea was brought in usually by what seemed a Faber handyman, with whom Eliot would often exchange some kind of badinage.
17) Much laughter and badinage arose out of trying to outdo each other, block each other's moves, and the evening passed more swiftly than she would have believed possible.
18) The badinage between Nina and myself is never rehearsed, but this is live T.V. and we need all the help we can get.
19) Every Saturday morning Ned Sherrin presides over an hour of entertaining and provocative talk, exchanging 'bon mots' and badinage with the guests.
20) Welles and Hill displayed the same kind of teasing badinage when we did an evening on Welles's theater work as part of the American Film Institute's "Working with Welles" tribute in 1978-79.
21) As it was only a few minutes before the shop closed, he forbore to detail the checkout girl with his usual badinage about the finer points of philosophy or astrophysics.
22) badinage – playful talk; banter
23) resolutely to the attack, the flow of badinage took a grim and peculiar turn.
24) LEE ROCKER Double bass badinage with The Stray Cats' runaway boy...
25) "badinage " (1900)
26) 'Well, now, delightful as this badinage is, I think we should get down to work.
27) (A notable exception is the 1935 Greta Garbo version, in which the dancers exchange not only partners but salty badinage.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of badinage
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of badinage with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with badinage
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word badinage in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with badinage.
20 examples of simple sentences of badinage. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of badinage
Compound Sentences with badinage
Complex Sentences with badinage
Compound-Complex Sentences with badinage