stem advance in a sentence
1) The Allies stemmed Axis advances in 1942.
2) They had little hope of stemming the Japanese advance on Tainan.
3) Rebels have sent reinforcements to the town to try to stem the regime advances .
stem advance example sentences4) The Sumero-Akkadian states of the south were unable to stem the Amorite advance .
5) It stemmed the Soviet advance and regained some of the positions lost by the Germans.
6) Haig threw in 1st, 2nd and 4th brigades reserves to stem the advance .
7) However the Germans were able to stem the advance by committing their mobile reserves and organize a withdrawal.
8) Mimnermus laments the degeneracy of the citizens of his day, who could no longer stem the Lydian advance .
9) Despite recent reinforcements, only around 90,000 Soviet soldiers manned this line - far too few to stem the German advance .
10) Nonetheless, the extent and pace of reforms were uneven and ultimately proved insufficient to stem the advance of British colonialism.
11) However, the military was bringing more reinforcements from the coastal city of Tartous to try and stem the rebel advance .
12) He was at Calais, part of a force sent to take pressure off the evacuation effort by stemming the German advance .
13) The Battle of Kiev also included substantial use of the Ju 87 units, although again, unsuccessful in stemming the advances .
14) The Poles and Dutchmen won, but the event was worrisome enough to the French command that they ordered all available units across the Tagus to stem the Spanish advance .
15) Struggling to find reserves to stem the German advance the GQG officers worked longer and longer hours and relations with other units became fraught.
example sentences with stem advance16) The 24th Infantry Division's regiments were already exhausted from the previous two weeks of delaying actions to stem the advance of the KPA.
17) Allied attempts to stem the advance in the wake of the Battle of Dunkirk (see also Evacuation of Dunkirk) by bombing German forces advancing failed with heavy losses.
18) The Coalition forces planned to stem Pichegru's advance with a broad attack involving several isolated columns in a scheme devised by Mack.
19) To stem an advance from airmobile enemies NVA troops sometimes held their ground in prepared fortifications, buying time for their comrades to maneuver elsewhere.
20) The 339th Squadron was attached to the 8th Fighter Wing at Kimpo Airfield, near Seoul South Korea to stem the North Korean advance .
21) By mid-December, the Greeks had occupied nearly one-quarter of Albania, before Italian reinforcements and the harsh winter stemmed the Greek advance .
22) In September 1942, Blamey decided to send the 6th Division to Papua to help stem the Japanese advance along the Kokoda Trail.
23) However, outnumbered, the Australians were unable to stem the advance and they were forced back towards the high ground at Oivi where they attempted to make a stand.
24) He paid homage to those who had had to evacuate the German population and to those soldiers who did their best to stem the Soviet advance .
25) In these desperate moments, Miranda was given dictatorial powers, nevertheless he was unable to stem the royalist advance headed by Captain Domingo de Monteverde.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of stem advance
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of stem advance with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with stem advance
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word stem advance in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with stem advance.
20 examples of simple sentences of stem advance. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of stem advance
Compound Sentences with stem advance
Complex Sentences with stem advance
Compound-Complex Sentences with stem advance