set adrift in a sentence
1) Maybe the whole group should be spun off and set adrift .
2) To be set adrift from the one you knew.
3) You will be informed in reply where and when it was set adrift .
set adrift example sentences4) Despite the threat, Koenig orders the antenna cut and the robot set adrift .
5) For speaking this truth, Zhered-Na was banished and set adrift upon the sea.
6) It was believed that the sub had struck a sea mine set adrift following a storm.
7) He is set adrift in the Bay, eventually being picked up by Wolf Larsen.
8) With few lifeboats and many without lifejackets, the remainder of the crew were set adrift .
9) In the 1963 film "Matango", a luxury yacht is set adrift and lands on an island.
10) In the play, Prospero has been unfairly deposed and set adrift in the ocean with his daughter Miranda.
11) Bligh is most known for the mutiny of his crew which resulted in his being set adrift in 1789.
12) The judges, probably bought for gold, condemned her to be placed in a barrel and set adrift at sea.
13) Bligh and 18 loyalists were set adrift in an open boat; Heywood was among those who remained with "Bounty".
14) In a strikingly similar case , the Carnival Splendor was set adrift in the Pacific in November 2010 after a major fire.
15) A dramatic experience of a submarine under attack in the North Atlantic, coupled to the terrible effects of being set adrift in a raft in mid-Atlantic.
example sentences with set adrift16) He remembers vividly (not necessarily articulately) what it feels like to be isolated, to be partnered, to be set adrift , to be reclaimed.
17) A rich, rather naïve young man is set adrift aboard a large, derelict sailing ship, unaware that his estranged true love is also aboard.
18) Credit facilities must be made available to the independent farmer or else he will be like a man set adrift in a boat without oars or sail.
19) His corpse was placed on a raft and set adrift on the Dikhow River, as a warning to others who ever schemed to set up a new order.
20) The "Prinz Eugen", the only German warship to survive World War II, capsized and sank in the Kwajalein Lagoon after being towed and set adrift .
21) Bula was in a bag of dead kittens who were presumably set adrift in the sea due to a shortage of fish on local islands.
22) Geoffrey Chaucer wrote a Canterbury tale about a young lady, Constance, who alone survives a massacre only to be put into an open boat and set adrift upon the sea.
23) He subsequently ordered the ships tied to each other, and to the banks (with iron cords, so that they could not be easily cut and set adrift ).
24) A small boat of mutineers are set adrift as bait; led by Tamara (Gemma Ward) the mermaids obligingly seduce and massacre them.
25) Cox and his cohorts are consequently set adrift at sea, but return to the novel at a later time as primary antagonists.
26) During the struggle, Monta was set adrift in his father's boat, and it begins floating towards Agon, who has surfaced having sensed the uranium.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of set adrift
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of set adrift with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with set adrift
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word set adrift in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with set adrift.
20 examples of simple sentences of set adrift. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of set adrift
Compound Sentences with set adrift
Complex Sentences with set adrift
Compound-Complex Sentences with set adrift