resist advance in a sentence
1) These Confederates would continue to resist any Union advance .
2) Lloyd pursues Cheryl, although she resists Lloyd's advances .
3) Many Israeli units, however, stubbornly resisted the Egyptian advance .
resist advance example sentences4) Grey initially resists Shepherd's advances , but they eventually begin a relationship.
5) Hulot resists Crevel's advances , and he turns his attention elsewhere.
6) The British pickets fired their guns in alarm and resisted the American advance .
7) Valencienne continues to resist Camille's advances , declaring that they must part.
8) The shattered settlements were then turned into strong defensive positions to resist future Allied advances .
9) The boy resisted the advances .
10) If the faculties of small institutions resist technological advances , they will face yet another threat.
11) That is what those resisting the coalition advance have been doing at various places in the south.
12) These roughly 11,000 men and 56 guns would attempt to resist any advance by Sedgwick's 40,000.
13) S-mines were typically used in combination with anti-tank mines to resist the advances of both armor and infantry.
14) This was done both to resist new Allied advances and to face the predictably imminent defection of Italy.
15) She resisted all advances , for her love of coursing far outweighed her interest in any suitor.
example sentences with resist advance16) Also, the Ahoms had not quite completed their preparations for resisting Ramsingh I's advance .
17) Mac resisted Billy's advances , and when he grabbed and kissed her, she slapped him.
18) Despite resisting Mason's advances at first, Kate becomes jealous when she sees him with Rhiannon.
19) The executive even authorised the badly organised Moldavian militia to resist the Romanian advance , although with little success.
20) Gradgrind tells Bounderby that Louisa resisted Harthouse's advances but has experienced a crisis and needs time to recover.
21) The people need to be aroused to resist the advances of this most dangerous foe to civil and religious liberty.
22) Meanwhile Layla is married against her will, but she guards her virginity by resisting the advances of her husband.
23) Behind these defences they resisted the EEF advance all day, making a determined stand on the Wadi el Hesi.
24) Beresford ordered his troops to La Albuera to resist Soult's advance and sent the siege guns back to Elvas.
25) While the Serbian 1st Army withdrew, the Serbian 2nd and 3rd armies fiercely resisted the Austro-Hungarian advance .
26) In Mutual Appreciation , the characters tend to be so passive they cannot resist advances they don't want.
27) This was by no means a universal reaction; many other Albanians fought alongside the Ottomans to resist the Austrian advance .
28) Speaking to shareholders at the company's annual meeting, Mr Sherwood told them to resist the advances of a predator.
How to use resist advance in a sentence29) Dijon was occupied by the German army, which seemed to be intent on resisting the advance of the French troops.
30) Unable to resist French advances without British support, first the Dutch, then the Austrians, formally sued for peace.
31) The allies bombed the railway complex in 1943, and the next year the Germans resisted the U.S. advance for four days.
32) Priya continues to resist Paul's advances , but she feels he is punishing her when he misses a school board meeting.
33) Caupolicán lead the Mapuche unsuccessfully resisting the advance of Hurtado de Mendoza by attacking him from ambush in the Battle of Millarapue.
34) Georgian fighters from battalions of "Kakutsa Cholokashvili", "Avaza", Dusheti, Akhaltsikhe and Kochara resisted the advance .
35) Thereon, my dear daughter, rests the whole salvation or condemnation of souls, that is, in commencing to admit or resist the advances of the Lord.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of resist advance
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of resist advance with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with resist advance
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word resist advance in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with resist advance.
20 examples of simple sentences of resist advance. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of resist advance
Compound Sentences with resist advance
Complex Sentences with resist advance
Compound-Complex Sentences with resist advance