nave arcade in a sentence
1) The nave arcade has round arches behind which are lower aisles.
2) The nave arcade has tall, stilted arches.
3) The simple nave arcade is of moulded brick in wide pointed arches.
nave arcade example sentences4) There is a tall nave arcade and no clerestory.
5) The south nave arcade was rebuilt.
6) The nave arcade is round-arched, simple and unmoulded.
7) The nave is lofty and divided into nave arcade , triforium and clerestory.
8) It has an exceptionally lofty nave arcade whose pointed arches reach almost into the vault.
9) Above the nave arcade is a clerestory but no triforium (300).
10) The arches of the new nave arcade were exceptionally high in proportion to the clerestory.
11) There are no capitals to the nave arcade which supports the quadripartite vault over naves and aisles.
12) The nave arcade is high but there is no triforium between it and the round-headed clerestory windows.
13) The nave arcade is also very old, with green sandstone columns and Tuscan bases (256).
14) Both nave arcade and clerestory windows continue uninterrupted, but in narrowing form, round the choir apse.
15) Notable architectural features of the interior include the multi-ribbed ceiling and the compound piers in the nave arcade .
example sentences with nave arcade16) The vault of the nave rises steeply in a simple quadripartite form, in harmony with the nave arcade .
17) There are high clerestory windows and nave arcade with simple Corinthian type capitals and plain dosserets above (182).
18) The interior shows many original features such as the columns, capitals, nave arcade and apsidal end (331).
19) Some shafts rose the full height of the wall to support the vault springing, others ended at the nave arcade .
20) The nave arcades have octagonal piers and are of 14th-century date, the south aisle being earlier than the north.
21) The nave arcade has tall pointed arches above which is a gallery whose columns support aisle and nave vault (531).
22) Inside, the triforium is often omitted or is just a decorative band, while the nave arcade is of great importance.
23) Inside, the columns of the nave arcade are of marble and the capitals, with dosserets above, are typical - acanthus decoration with drilled holes pierced deeply.
24) Pointed arches were used almost universally, not only in arches of wide span such as those of the nave arcade , but also for doorways and lancet windows.
25) Early in the 13th century the north aisle with its nave arcade was added and in the middle of the same century the western tower was built.
26) In the middle of the 13th century the north and south aisles were added with the nave arcades and the nave may have been lengthened by one bay.
27) It is an atypical example of the Perpendicular form of Gothic architecture, with low aisles and nave arcades and a tall clerestory.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of nave arcade
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of nave arcade with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with nave arcade
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word nave arcade in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with nave arcade.
20 examples of simple sentences of nave arcade. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of nave arcade
Compound Sentences with nave arcade
Complex Sentences with nave arcade
Compound-Complex Sentences with nave arcade