halt advance in a sentence
1) Their advance was finally halted well short of its objective.
2) However, their advance was halted by a counterattack.
3) The North Vietnamese advance was halted on 5 May.
halt advance example sentences4) The Italians successfully halted the US division's advance .
5) These soon halted the German panzer division's advance .
6) However, this clash did not halt the French advance .
7) The Aztecs could not halt the Spanish advance .
8) Australian and Canadian troops were ordered to halt this Chinese advance .
9) But the two divisions were unable to halt John's advance .
10) There, he was finally able to halt the Allied advance .
11) There the advance was halted because of a shortage of fuel.
12) D halted Finnish advance and all troops started to prepare defensive positions.
13) Eventually the advance was halted 300 yd short of Vacher Farm.
14) The Union advance was again halted .
15) Nonetheless, French reinforcements halted the German advance by 28 February.
example sentences with halt advance16) The Highlanders stood their ground and the American advance was temporarily halted .
17) There the advance was halted because there was a shortage of fuel.
18) As a result the Portuguese advance was halted at Tabatinga.
19) But then their advance was halted .
20) Strong Japanese reinforcements then counter-attacked and halted the Chinese advance .
21) By 10 July, the Soviets had completely halted the German advance .
22) Lydian campaigns between 637 and 626 BC effectively halted this advance .
23) Disraeli wanted to halt possible Russian advance in the Balkans whilst avoiding war.
24) This halted the Confederate advance on McCook north of Perryville.
25) The advance was halted after eight police and tribal militia members were killed in clashes.
26) In the face of mounting opposition, the advance was halted near the lagoon.
27) Strong Soviet counter-attacks halted the advance , and the operation was called off.
28) He would probably have halted the advance and ordered me up the front.
How to use halt advance in a sentence29) However early autumn rains halted the Polish advance , which exhausted itself by October.
30) At this stage the Battalion halted the enemy's advance and stabilized the situation.
31) Again the South African G5 gun was used to terrifying results halting the advance .
32) Having halted the Soviet advance , the German forces now aimed to defeat it.
33) For the Italians, halting the Australian advance would be an immensely difficult task.
34) As the 2d Battalion deployed into attack formation its advance was halted by devastating fire.
35) However their advance was halted by a concentration of the Byzantine army at Ajnadayn.
36) Van Derveer's men halted the Confederate advance with a concentrated volley at close range.
37) Willam then decided to halt the advance and place the remaining units into all-round defence.
38) However, the Ottoman advance was halted after they failed to capture Vienna in 1529.
39) The Taliban's advance was halted but significant gains could not be made by either side.
40) However, their ranks were thinned by withering enfilading enemy fire and their advance was halted .
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of halt advance
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of halt advance with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with halt advance
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word halt advance in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with halt advance.
20 examples of simple sentences of halt advance. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of halt advance
Compound Sentences with halt advance
Complex Sentences with halt advance
Compound-Complex Sentences with halt advance