foot archer in a sentence
1) Foot archers have +1 range, and towers have +2 attack.
2) Foot archers would form the rear rank(s) of the main infantry line.
3) It is virtually certain that there were a significant number of Alamanni foot archers at Strasbourg.
foot archer example sentences4) The black Africans, Syrians, and Arabs generally acted as the heavy infantry and foot archers .
5) A nomad army that wanted to engage in an archery exchange with foot archers would itself normally dismount.
6) Plumed archer & Elite Plumed archer ( foot archer , unique to the Mayans).
7) This term included foot archers , javelineers and slingers, though archers were sometimes differentiated from the others in descriptions.
8) Both types of cavalry units were supported by war elephants and foot archers who showered the enemy with storms of arrows.
9) Foot archers , notably mercenary Cretans, were also employed; Cretans were noted for the heavy, large-headed arrows they used.
10) The foot archers or crossbowmen could outshoot the horse archers and a man alone is a smaller target than a man and a horse.
11) The Roman force, reinforced by a "vexillatio" of X "Fretensis", marched in a hollow square, with the legions supported by auxiliary horsemen and foot archers .
12) Against the Fatimid forces, which used foot archers and light melee cavalry, the Crusaders could use their heavy cavalry more effectively, achieving decisive results.
13) This was a sophisticated, compact and powerful weapon, suitable for mounted and foot archers alike (the cavalry version being more compact than the infantry's).
14) archer units are denoted in the "Notitia" by the term "equites sagittarii" (mounted archers) and "sagittarii" ( foot archers , from "sagitta" = "arrow").
15) Foot archers normally formed the rear rank of the Roman battle-line, shooting over the heads of their own infantry, whilst protected by it from the enemy.
example sentences with foot archer16) It is also likely that at least one regiment of foot archers took part, probably an "auxilium" of sagittarii (archers).
17) During the battle, the foot archers ("sagittarii") would have formed the rear rank of the front line, to shoot over the heads of their own infantry.
18) The other important development was that of the use of the mounted archer, who, paid twice the wage of the foot archer , was first found in English armies in 1334.
19) (Or, more precisely in Pina's breakdown: 3,500 knights, 500 mounted archers, 7000 infantry, 2500 foot archers and 500 servants.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of foot archer
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of foot archer with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with foot archer
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word foot archer in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with foot archer.
20 examples of simple sentences of foot archer. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of foot archer
Compound Sentences with foot archer
Complex Sentences with foot archer
Compound-Complex Sentences with foot archer