be adrift in a sentence
1) We 're adrift – culturally, financially.
2) I was adrift within the body of Creation.
3) The men were adrift for 33 days and fed on tuna.
be adrift example sentences4) It was adrift , heading for the rocks.
5) Since then the studio 's been adrift .
6) They had been adrift in the Pacific for 22 days.
7) More accurately, they 're adrift on that tide.
8) Some news reports claimed it was adrift and populated with cannibal rats.
9) And you 're adrift , the pair of you.
10) Many people feel as if they 're adrift in the world.
11) Edward thought: It is as though I were adrift , untethered.
12) The vessel was adrift for two days before being found by a search party.
13) I 'm adrift at sea with no hopes of finding my way home.
14) On 4 March, another 1,000 or so survivors were adrift on rafts.
15) It was why she was adrift with a travel warrant the RTO must stamp.
example sentences with be adrift16) The seamen are adrift in lifeboats, seventeen hundred miles off the Falkland Islands.
17) Life has lost its meaning as death is adrift , seizing men in their hundreds.
18) The team was adrift in time, which was causing their changes as well.
19) After being adrift at sea, they escape from an island on a submarine.
20) I am adrift at last.
21) Some 900 survivors jump into the sea and are adrift for up to four days.
22) With her mother in prison, ten-year-old Angela Carpos was adrift in Vienna.
23) We are adrift in Los Angeles, Dharma fugitives in a sea of Saha suffering.
24) Ships are adrift when they are moved about at the will of the wind and tide.
25) Without a broader context for your discussion then I find your thinking is adrift in the philosophical ocean .
26) April 3 – Shipwrecked steward Poon Lim is rescued by Brazilian fishermen after being adrift for 130 days.
27) Without it, we are adrift and citizens need an appeal to their heart as well as their reason.
28) On September 12, the ship's engine failed, and the ship was adrift 90 nmi from the shore.
How to use be adrift in a sentence29) Tall egrets picked their way daintily through the shallows, and away upstream feluccas were adrift on their own reflections.
30) The river was white, and on the ferry in mid-stream, it seemed we were adrift in a cloud.
31) Dr. Morocco was adrift until he came to the fire house and mentioned to them about Madeline Pynch's involvement.
32) They 're also both broken souls and misfits – she's a family black sheep; he 's adrift and alone.
33) If we were to pick up every styrofoam cup that is adrift out there we would not get much else done.
34) The district is adrift and needs to be brought back to its only mission , educating all of Anchorage's students.
35) Loeb was almost ahead of his teammate, while Grönholm was adrift ; and Petter Solberg, over behind the lead.
36) When he was sacked in February 1998, Hibs were adrift at the bottom of the Premier Division and were subsequently relegated.
37) How it soothes me with its limitless wonder . . . we are adrift on the sea of night, and I captain this fragile vessel through its troubled waters.
38) A vessel is "under way" if it is adrift , making way, or being propelled, and is not aground, made fast to the shore, or tied or made fast to a dock or mooring.
39) On the other hand, it was my sense that the play we were making did not say much about people being rooted, but people being adrift , even uprooted.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of be adrift
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of be adrift with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with be adrift
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word be adrift in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with be adrift.
20 examples of simple sentences of be adrift. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of be adrift
Compound Sentences with be adrift
Complex Sentences with be adrift
Compound-Complex Sentences with be adrift