austenite in a sentence
1) This process converts remaining austenite in the steel to martensite.
2) This allows the formation of bainite, an austenite decomposition product.
3) Cryogenic processing does more than convert retained austenite to martensite.
4) Austenite, for example, usually only exists above the upper critical temperature.
austenite example sentences5) As the wire resistively heats, it returns to its austenite phase.
6) There is no thermal activation energy for the transformation from austenite to martensite.
7) An increase in alloying agents or carbon content causes an increase in retained austenite.
8) While at this temperature, more C is allowed to enrich the retained austenite.
9) Changes in the crystallographic structure such as between ferrite and austenite of iron.
10) Similarly, the austenite structure receives its name from steel alloys of a similar structure.
11) Depending on the carbon content, it also contains a certain amount of "retained austenite.
12) The temperature at which austenite transforms to martensite is generally referred to as the transformation temperature.
13) When the edge cools fast a diffusionless transformation occurs, turning the austenite into very hard martensite.
14) By applying strain, the austenite undergoes a phase transition to martensite without the addition of heat.
example sentences with austenite15) For instance, when steel is heated above the upper critical temperature, small grains of austenite form.
16) During that time C and Mn diffuse into the austenite leaving a ferrite of greater purity.
17) Because the martensitic structure is slightly larger than the austenite it replaces, the material actually changes size.
18) Some austenite crystals will remain unchanged even after quenching below the martensite finish (Mf) temperature.
19) Still another variation of this demonstration uses resistive heating to change the NiTi wire to its austenite phase.
20) Sir William Chandler Roberts-Austen metallurgist – after whom austenite is named – was born in Kennington in 1843.
21) When austenite is cooled extremely slow, it will form large ferrite crystals filled with spherical inclusions of cementite.
22) Further transformation of the austenite into martensite can be induced by slowly cooling the metal to extremely low temperatures.
23) Although quenching steel causes the austenite to transform into martensite, all of the austenite usually does not transform.
24) Although quenching steel causes the austenite to transform into martensite, all of the austenite usually does not transform.
25) When cooled very quickly, during a martensite transformation, the austenite grain size directly affects the martensitic grain size.
26) Quenching and tempering first involves heating the steel to the austenite phase then quenching it in water or oil.
27) Such austenite is highly unstable and, if given enough time, will precipitate into various microstructures of ferrite and cementite.
How to use austenite in a sentence28) Martensite has a lower density than does austenite, so that the transformation between them results in a change of volume.
29) Ferrite and pearlite are dissolved to form austenite. - Rapidly quenching to below the Ms temperature starts to form martensite.
30) When steel with a carbon content of 0.7 percent is heated beyond 750 degrees C it enters the "austenite phase".
31) Because the rest of the blade cools slowly, the carbon in the austenite has time to precipitate, becoming soft pearlite.
32) Heat the wire with a hair dryer and watch it straighten out as it returns to the preferred higher temperature austenite phase.
33) For example, the amount of retained austenite in a hardened steel is best measured using XRD (ASTM E 975).
34) When the alloy is heated to the austenite phase, the planes are slid back into place and the structure reverts to its original form.
35) If the material is steel and it has some retained austenite, the austenite will continue to convert to martensite at room temperature.
36) If the material is steel and it has some retained austenite, the austenite will continue to convert to martensite at room temperature.
37) Furthermore, the improvement isn't linear; converting 16 percent retained austenite to martensite provides much more than 16 percent more longevity.
38) Two cubic steel structures are body-centered cubic (BCC), also known as ferrite (second from left), and face-centered cubic (FCC), which is austenite (third from left).
39) It doesn't change suddenly or completely; steel transforms bit by bit, taking some time to change from primarily ferrite to primarily austenite and so on.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of austenite
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of austenite with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with austenite
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word austenite in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with austenite.
20 examples of simple sentences of austenite. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of austenite
Compound Sentences with austenite
Complex Sentences with austenite
Compound-Complex Sentences with austenite