aurochs in a sentence
1) Three wild subspecies of aurochs are recognized.
2) Indeed it was reported that aurochs bulls often had severe fights.
3) A feature often attributed to the aurochs is blond forehead hairs.
4) The aurochs was the ancestor of domestic cattle.
aurochs example sentences5) aurochs horns were often used by Romans as hunting horns.
6) The modern breeds were developed from the aurochs by animal husbandry.
7) The body mass of aurochs appeared to have showed some variability.
8) There is no consensus concerning the habitat of the aurochs.
9) aurochs horns could reach in length and between in diameter.
10) The aurochs is the original heraldic symbol of the city since 1400.
11) The aurochs is ancestral to both zebu and taurine cattle.
12) It descended from aurochs populations migrating from the Middle East.
13) The significance of aurochs as hunted animal in the swiss Neolithic.
14) The aurochs' head remains until today the heraldic symbol of Moldovans.
example sentences with aurochs15) aurochs are depicted on the Ishtar Gate.
16) The horns of the aurochs were characteristic in size, curvature and orientation.
17) Schneeberger writes that aurochs were hunted with arrows, nets and hunting dogs.
18) According to Schneeberger, aurochs were not concerned when a man approached.
19) It also suggests possible North African and European aurochs contributions to domestic breeds.
20) No obstacle is too small or too intimidating for her--not even the aurochs.
21) Also during antiquity, the aurochs was regarded as an animal of cultural value.
22) Poaching aurochs was punishable by death.
23) In Central Europe the aurochs features in toponyms and heraldic coats of arms.
24) Furthermore, there is a painting by Willem Kalf depicting an aurochs horn.
25) When the aurochs was slaughtered, a cross-like bone was extracted from the heart.
26) Domestic yak, gayal and Javan cattle do not descend from aurochs.
27) Because of the massive horns, the frontal bones of aurochs were elongated and broad.
How to use aurochs in a sentence28) The coat colour of the aurochs can be reconstructed by using historical and contemporary depictions.
29) The proportions and body shape of the aurochs were strikingly different from many modern cattle breeds.
30) aurochs were among those wild animals caught for fights ("venationes") in arenas.
31) The Indian aurochs ("Bos primigenius namadicus") once inhabited India.
32) The oldest aurochs remains have been dated to about 2 million years ago, in India.
33) A 1999 archaeological dig in Peterborough, England, uncovered the skull of an aurochs.
34) Comparison of aurochs bones with those of modern cattle has provided many insights about the aurochs.
35) Comparison of aurochs bones with those of modern cattle has provided many insights about the aurochs.
36) Like many bovids, aurochs formed herds for at least one part of the year.
37) Genetic evidence suggests that aurochs were independently domesticated in India and possibly also in northern Africa.
38) It is not to be confused with the aurochs, the extinct ancestor of domestic cattle.
39) The supposition is that the killing of the aurochs in this instance was a sacrificial act.
40) Depictions indicate that North African aurochs may have had a light saddle marking on its back.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of aurochs
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of aurochs with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with aurochs
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word aurochs in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with aurochs.
20 examples of simple sentences of aurochs. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of aurochs
Compound Sentences with aurochs
Complex Sentences with aurochs
Compound-Complex Sentences with aurochs