arresting gear in a sentence
1) No arresting gear was fitted as completed.
2) Transverse arresting gear was fitted and her machinery was thoroughly overhauled.
3) Other types of arresting gear , ashore and afloat, involve complicated braking mechanisms.
arresting gear example sentences4) The arresting gear was barely used during these trials and it was removed shortly afterwards.
5) Stronger elevators, more powerful hydraulic catapults, and new arresting gear were installed.
6) Initially, the arresting gear was about 170 ft long and was installed too far forward.
7) Arresting gear is not available.
8) Carriers using STOVL aircraft and a ski jump ramp do not need catapults nor arresting gear .
9) Barriers are no longer in use, although ground based arresting gear are sometimes called "barriers".
10) The certification included a full evaluation of the arresting gear , steam catapults, and flight deck personnel.
11) During the 1930s "Hōshō" was fitted with three different types of transverse arresting gear for trials.
12) Arresting gear , or arrestor gear, describes mechanical systems used to rapidly decelerate an aircraft as it lands.
13) The ship was used for testing aircraft and equipment, particularly various types of arresting gear and optical landing aids.
14) Transverse arresting gear was installed and a second octuple "pom-pom" replaced the 2-pounders in front of the island.
15) Pilots may even apply full throttle on touchdown in case the arresting gear doesn't catch and a go around is needed.
example sentences with arresting gear16) His minions direct the placement of aircraft on the deck, monitor the operation of catapults and arresting gear , and direct firefighting efforts if a crash occurs.
17) The major systems that make up typical arresting gear are the hook cable or pendants, purchase cables or tapes, sheaves and arresting engines.
18) Once the arresting gear stops the aircraft, the pilot brings the throttles back to idle, raises the hook and taxies clear.
19) Arresting gear on aircraft carriers is an essential component of naval aviation, and it is most commonly used on CATOBAR and STOBAR aircraft carriers.
20) In order to land aircraft aboard, "Unicorn" was therefore designed with a full-length, 600 ft-long flight deck with arresting gear .
21) After commissioning too late to participate in World War I, "Argus" was tasked to conduct deck-landing trials with longitudinal arresting gear transferred from "Furious".
22) In the early 1930s, transverse arresting gear was installed and she received two hydraulic catapults on the upper flight deck before March 1934.
23) Transverse arresting gear was fitted sometime during the mid-1930s. She was detached to the Mediterranean Fleet from May to October 1934.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of arresting gear
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of arresting gear with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with arresting gear
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word arresting gear in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with arresting gear.
20 examples of simple sentences of arresting gear. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of arresting gear
Compound Sentences with arresting gear
Complex Sentences with arresting gear
Compound-Complex Sentences with arresting gear