appease spirit in a sentence
1) Often, personal property was buried with slaves to appease spirits .
2) The living tries to appease the spirits by taking food to temples to make merit.
3) These festivals are held annually, when the ancestral spirits are appeased , following sowing and harvesting.
appease spirit example sentences4) Instead , they made figurines to appease the spirits who might have become used to watching plays.
5) Traditional ceremonies were organized to appease the spirits and seek the blessing of ancestors for the Haitians.
6) The dance is performed to ward off evil, appease spirits and pray for good health and longer life.
7) The stone bridge at Hagi is completed, and to appease the spirits , the stonemason is sealed inside.
8) Spiritual power derived from the observance of Buddhist precepts and rituals is employed in attempting to appease local nature spirits .
9) On 23 September 2005, the Thai airports authority held a ceremony where 99 Buddhist monks chanted to appease the spirits .
10) We bring you some advice on how you can navigate safely through August , appeasing the spirits rather than antagonizing them.
11) The Mountain spirit receives particular recognition in an attempt to appease the local mountain spirits , on whose land the temple stands.
12) The dispute between the two groups, initially only verbal, risked to degenerate, so gendarmes immediately intervened to appease spirits .
13) Hence, the Slavs were obliged to appease these spirits to prevent the spirits from their potential for erratic and destructive behaviour.
14) The American Indian performs lustrations and makes oblations of tobacco and of other articles, to appease the Great spirit and avert his judgments.
15) The nature spirits are appeased , and grant Bluefeather her request -- a blast of wind to take her far away from her pursuer.
example sentences with appease spirit16) The brass worker will cast the object and the client will wear this along with any other objects created to appease the spirits and resolve the issue.
17) Some spirits are protectors and need to be appeased, and Nahua perform occasional rituals simply as a means of appeasing these helpful spirits .
18) A common belief thread of these practices is that appropriate ritual will appease the spirit of the deceased and prevent disturbance of the living in the future.
19) Individuals perform rituals which include the offering of food and spirit money, pouring libation, and burning incense to appease the spirits and earn their favor.
20) To keep the volcano quiet and to appease the spirits of the mountain, the Javanese regularly bring offerings on the anniversary of the sultan of Yogyakarta's coronation.
21) Sailors and fisherman would likewise discard a crust to appease the spirits of dead mariners, though fishermen believed that it was bad luck to take a pasty aboard ship.
22) Over time, court rituals to appease spirits developed, and in addition to his secular duties, the king would serve as the head of the ancestor worship cult.
23) The altar and deity Ida Ratu Saung may be seen with a fighting cock in his hand with the spilling of blood being necessary as purification to appease the evil spirits .
24) Certain religious practices -funeral rites, exorcisms, and some practices of spiritualism and ritual magic-are specifically designed to appease the spirits of the dead.
25) Since it is thought that some individuals neglect their dead ancestors, an altar is placed outside the village to appease those spirits as well...
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of appease spirit
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of appease spirit with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with appease spirit
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word appease spirit in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with appease spirit.
20 examples of simple sentences of appease spirit. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of appease spirit
Compound Sentences with appease spirit
Complex Sentences with appease spirit
Compound-Complex Sentences with appease spirit