alliterative verse in a sentence
1) It counts 115 lines of alliterative verse .
2) Old English poetry is mostly alliterative verse .
3) Alliterative verse is occasionally written by other modern authors.
alliterative verse example sentences4) The Eddic poems are composed in alliterative verse .
5) The inherited form of alliterative verse was modified somewhat in Old Norse poetry.
6) Alliterative verse has been found in some of the earliest monuments of Germanic literature.
7) The second half of the inscription is in alliterative verse of the form fornyrðislag.
8) This occurred within the literary period, as evidenced by shifting patterns in alliterative verse .
9) The need to find an appropriate alliterating word gave certain other distinctive features to alliterative verse as well.
10) The Old High German and Old Saxon corpus of "Stabreim" or alliterative verse is small.
11) Originally composed and transmitted orally, skaldic poetry utilizes alliterative verse , kennings, and various metrical forms.
12) Most intriguing in the many versions of the "Beowulf" FS is the transcription of alliterative verse .
13) The most popular and well-known understanding of Old English poetry continues to be Sievers' alliterative verse .
14) These high medieval heroic epics are written in rhymed strophes, not the alliterative verse of Germanic prehistory.
15) Old English poetry, like other Old Germanic alliterative verse , is also commonly marked by the caesura or pause.
example sentences with alliterative verse16) It is written in unrhymed alliterative verse divided into sections called "passus" (Latin for "step").
17) Other poets who have experimented with modern alliterative English verse include Ezra Pound in his version of "The Seafarer".
18) It is a narrative poem composed in alliterative verse and is modelled after the Old Norse poetry of the Elder Edda.
19) It was raised in memory of a man who took part in an expedition to the west where he was buried, and refers to him heroically in alliterative verse or prose.
20) The earliest preserved texts from Denmark are runic inscriptions on memorial stones and other objects, some of which contain short poems in alliterative verse .
21) It is not far removed from the old alliterative English verse , and well fitted to be chanted by the minstrels who had sung the old ballads.
22) The inscriptions on the Franks Casket are alliterative verse , and so give particular emphasis to one or more runes on each side.
23) Other pieces of literature have long been orally traded and typically consist of alliterative verses , and are known as Üligers, literally meaning tales.
24) W. H. Auden (1907-1973) also wrote a number of poems, including "The Age of Anxiety", in a type of alliterative verse modified for modern English.
25) Most of his alliterative verse is in modern English, in a variety of styles, but he also composed Old English alliterative verses.
26) Most of his alliterative verse is in modern English, in a variety of styles, but he also composed Old English alliterative verses .
27) J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973), a scholar of Old and Middle English and of Old Norse, used alliterative verse extensively in both translations and original poetry.
28) Starting in the mid-14th century, alliterative verse became popular in the English North, the West Midlands, and a little later in Scotland.
How to use alliterative verse in a sentence29) One statement we have about the nature of alliterative verse from a practicing alliterative poet is that of Snorri Sturluson in the "Prose Edda".
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of alliterative verse
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of alliterative verse with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with alliterative verse
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word alliterative verse in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with alliterative verse.
20 examples of simple sentences of alliterative verse. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of alliterative verse
Compound Sentences with alliterative verse
Complex Sentences with alliterative verse
Compound-Complex Sentences with alliterative verse