alcohol dehydrogenase in a sentence
1) These ions can inhibit oxidative enzymes such as yeast alcohol dehydrogenase .
2) Humans have at least six slightly different alcohol dehydrogenases .
3) Furthermore, alcohol dehydrogenase is present in the stomach lining.
alcohol dehydrogenase example sentences4) Mammalian alcohol dehydrogenases also have a structural zinc site.
5) Examples are lactase, alcohol dehydrogenase and DNA polymerase.
6) Germanium can interfere with such enzymes as lactate and alcohol dehydrogenase .
7) Alcohol dehydrogenase is a dimer with a mass of 80 kDa.
8) Alcohol is metabolized mainly by the group of six enzymes collectively called alcohol dehydrogenase .
9) Following ingestion, ethylene glycol is first hepatically metabolised to glycoaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase .
10) Like ethanol, fomepizole inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase ; however it does so without producing serious adverse effects.
11) The latter reaction is again catalyzed by an alcohol dehydrogenase , now operating in the opposite direction.
12) Women have less total body water and less alcohol dehydrogenase - the stomach enzyme involved in metabolizing alcohol.
13) A third family of alcohol dehydrogenases , unrelated to the above two, are iron-containing ones.
14) In the brain, alcohol dehydrogenase has a minor role in the oxidation of ethanol to acetaldehyde.
15) The prevention of ethylene glycol metabolism is accomplished by the use of antidotes that inhibit alcohol dehydrogenase .
example sentences with alcohol dehydrogenase16) Initially it is metabolized by alcohol dehydrogenase to glycolaldehyde, which is then oxidized to glycolic acid.
17) In biotransformation, alcohol dehydrogenases are often used for the synthesis of enantiomerically pure stereoisomers of chiral alcohols.
18) Alcohol dehydrogenase has a higher affinity for ethanol, thus preventing methanol from binding and acting as a substrate.
19) Ethanol acts by competing with ethylene glycol for alcohol dehydrogenase , the first enzyme in the degradation pathway.
20) The removal of ethanol from the human body, through oxidation by alcohol dehydrogenase in the liver, is limited.
21) Formaldehyde is the primary cause of methanol's toxicity, since methanol is metabolised into formaldehyde by alcohol dehydrogenase .
22) In fuel cells, alcohol dehydrogenases can be used to catalyze the breakdown of fuel for an ethanol fuel cell.
23) Enzymes with a zinc atom in the reactive center are widespread in biochemistry, such as alcohol dehydrogenase in humans.
24) The main alcohol dehydrogenase in yeast is larger than the human one, consisting of four rather than just two subunits.
25) For example, one way the body metabolizes alcohol is through the activity of an enzyme called alcohol dehydrogenase , or ADH.
26) The first-ever isolated alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) was purified in 1937 from "Saccharomyces cerevisiae" (baker's yeast).
27) Alcohol dehydrogenases (ADHs) and retinal dehydrogenase (RALDH) enzymes catalyse the oxidation of dietary vitamin A to retinoic acid.
28) Women have lower levels of two enzymes- alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase-that metabolize (break down) Alcohol in the stomach and liver.
How to use alcohol dehydrogenase in a sentence29) For the most part, alcohol is broken down by the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH, which is contained in the liver cells).
30) To replace AdhE2, the researchers found that NADP-dependent alcohol dehydrogenase (YqhD) from E. coli to be effective for the pathway.
31) Fomepizole is a potent inhibitor of alcohol dehydrogenase ; similar to ethanol, it acts to block the formation of the toxic metabolites.
32) After being ingested, ethanol is first converted to acetaldehyde by the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase and then to acetic acid by oxidation process.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:nalcakar at gmail.com
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of alcohol dehydrogenase
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of alcohol dehydrogenase with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with alcohol dehydrogenase
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word alcohol dehydrogenase in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with alcohol dehydrogenase.
20 examples of simple sentences of alcohol dehydrogenase. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of alcohol dehydrogenase
Compound Sentences with alcohol dehydrogenase
Complex Sentences with alcohol dehydrogenase
Compound-Complex Sentences with alcohol dehydrogenase