advance stall in a sentence
1) At 0345 hours, light machine gun and rifle fire stalled the advance .
2) The result was a long nine-month siege of Petersburg, stalling the advance .
3) By 24 December, the German advance was effectively stalled short of the Meuse.
advance stall example sentences4) The battle stalled the eastward advance by the Allies and caused approximately 5,000 Allied casualties.
5) Malinovsky's advance soon stalled .
6) Outside the town the German advance stalled , as their troops were running low on fuel supplies.
7) The Japanese advance stalled .
8) The advance stalled as Turkish resistance grew, and the Turks launched a heavy counter-attack on 19 May.
9) After his advance was stalled near Murom, Safa Giray was forced to withdraw to his own borders.
10) This stalled the U.S. Army advance at Fort Bridger in Wyoming for the winter of 1857-1858.
11) For this contribution of stalling the Chinese advance , 3 RAR received a United States Distinguished Unit Citation.
12) Twenty-five of his 150 men were sick, and his advance stalled as the force rested up at Mopán.
13) The French remained hostile to the RPF, and their presence temporarily stalled Kagame's advance in southwestern Rwanda.
14) Holding Tarvisio with only 6,000 troops, Albert Gyulay relied on two outlying forts to stall the Franco-Italian advance .
15) Further south, the German advance stalled north of Grozny, after taking the town of Mozdok on 25 August.
example sentences with advance stall16) However, the Confederate advance stalled and Grant was able to rally the Union troops to keep the southerners from escaping.
17) The Confederate advance stalled near Elkhorn, but Price's left flank units were marching up Williams Hollow further to the east.
18) Throughout January the Allies continued their advance, but as they were checked by the German positions at Cassino the advance stalled .
19) David Jentsch, founder of Pro-Test for Science, said: " The scientific community has joined together to push back against those who seek to stall advances in biomedicine.
20) Rommel's advance was stalled in July by the Eighth Army, now headed by General Claude Auchinleck, at the First Battle of El Alamein in western Egypt.
21) The war from 1938 onwards was marked by Chinese use of guerilla tactics to stall advances , and retreat to the Chinese interior where necessary.
22) As the advance inland stalled , the battalion became isolated and threatened with destruction until Cannan withdrew his force to a more tenable position.
23) The advance was stalled until 10 March when the 27th and 161st relieved the 35th and cleared the Japanese from the area.
24) From June 18 the Cotentin Peninsula was sealed off by Allied infantry, but the German line was stabilized and the American advance stalled .
25) In the actual event of the first world war; on the Western Front, the German advance stalled into trench warfare after the First Battle of the Marne.
26) They had done the job that was required of them, having stalled the Japanese advance in order to allow reinforcements to be brought up.
27) The Nationalist advances were stalled because of the weather, and finally Rey d'Harcourt, with the Bishop of Teruel, at his side, gave up on 8 January.
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of advance stall
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of advance stall with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with advance stall
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word advance stall in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with advance stall.
20 examples of simple sentences of advance stall. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of advance stall
Compound Sentences with advance stall
Complex Sentences with advance stall
Compound-Complex Sentences with advance stall