Astronomer Royal in a sentence
1) During this period he unsuccessfully sought positions at Cambridge and as Astronomer royal.
2) Sir Harold Spencer Jones, MBE, Astronomer Royal.
3) He was the second Astronomer Royal in Britain, succeeding John Flamsteed.
4) Astronomer Royal. 1720-1743.
Astronomer Royal example sentences5) Professor Sampson, Astronomer Royal for Scotland, was brought in as consultant.
6) In 1675, the post of Astronomer Royal was established by Royal Warrant.
7) The Observatory was opened on 8 October 1929 by the Astronomer Royal Frank Watson Dyson.
8) John Flamsteed, the first Astronomer Royal, published his tables for the equation of time.
9) King Charles II commissioned the building in 1675, and also created the role of Astronomer Royal.
10) The first Astronomer Royal, John Flamsteed, was appointed in 1675 by King Charles II .
11) Sir John Flamsteed was the first Astronomer Royal of the Royal Observatory, Greenwich in 1675.
12) A message of congratulation was sent by the Astronomer Royal at Greenwich, Sir H. Spencer Jones.
13) W. R. Hamilton was appointed Astronomer Royal for Ireland and a Professor while still an undergraduate in 1827.
14) In 1888 Smyth resigned as Astronomer Royal in protest at the chronic under-funding and age of his equipment.
example sentences with astronomer15) His interest in astronomy grew stronger after he made the acquaintance of the English Astronomer Royal Nevil Maskelyne.
16) The observatory was named after an Old Bedfordian who went on to become the Astronomer Royal for Scotland.
17) Halley owed his position as Astronomer Royal to the Earl of Macclesfield and the Earl of Sunderland.
18) Flamsteed's first task as Astronomer Royal was to continue Towneley's work on the moons of Jupiter.
19) Harrison was introduced to Graham by the Astronomer Royal Edmond Halley, who championed Harrison and his work.
20) The designers were the lawyer and amateur horologist Edmund Beckett Denison, and George Airy, the Astronomer Royal.
21) Sir Martin is the current Astronomer Royal of the UK, and a noted researcher in galaxy formation and quasars.
22) He was nominated by the Astronomer Royal Nevil Maskelyne, Anthony Shepherd, Richard Farmer and William Wales.
23) Sir Frank Watson Dyson, Astronomer Royal of Britain, conceived in 1917 the perfect experiment to resolve the issue.
24) Edmond Halley (1656–1742), a future Astronomer Royal, was also an early and enthusiastic supporter.
25) The Astronomer appointed to the task was Charles Green, assistant to the recently appointed Astronomer Royal, Nevil Maskelyne.
26) Lax matriculated in the Michaelmas term of 1781 and became a private tutor to John Pond, later Astronomer Royal.
27) In the meantime Harrison's watch would have to be turned over to the Astronomer Royal for long-term on-land testing.
How to use astronomer in a sentence28) The task therefore fell to Maskelyne, for which he was granted a temporary leave of his duties as Astronomer Royal.
29) Notable members included Herschel, the British Astronomer Royal Nevil Maskelyne, Charles Messier, and Heinrich Olbers.
30) To bolster his views he cites the work of his old friend John Law and the Dublin Astronomer Royal John Brinkley.
31) He presented with the help of special guests Professor Brian Cox, Jon Culshaw and Lord Rees, the Astronomer Royal.
32) Professor W.H.M. Greaves, had succeeded Professor Sampson as Astronomer Royal for Scotland, was called upon to advise on the matter.
33) In 1782, he was appointed "The King's Astronomer" (not to be confused with the Astronomer Royal).
34) In January 1906, Eddington was nominated to the post of chief assistant to the Astronomer Royal at the Royal Greenwich Observatory.
35) It depends upon the precise accuracy of some observations made in 1715 under the direction of Sir Edmond Halley, later Astronomer Royal and known to this day for the comet that bears his name.
36) The Rev.d John Flamsteed, the 28 year old son of a Derby brewer, from the village of Denby, near Belper, became the Royal Observatory's first director and the first Astronomer Royal.
37) His son, George Parker, the 2nd Earl of Macclesfield, was an amateur Astronomer and a friend of the Astronomer Royal.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Astronomer Royal
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Astronomer Royal with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Astronomer Royal
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Astronomer Royal in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Astronomer Royal.
20 examples of simple sentences of Astronomer Royal. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Astronomer Royal
Compound Sentences with Astronomer Royal
Complex Sentences with Astronomer Royal
Compound-Complex Sentences with Astronomer Royal