Ariosto in a sentence
1) This story is much nearer Shakespeare's than is Ariosto's .
2) He seems to be taking Spencer and Ariosto as his models.
3) Shakespeare's particulars belong to a markedly different conception from Ariosto's .
Ariosto example sentences4) Ariosto began working on the poem around 1506, when he was 32.
5) Parallel figure in Ariosto : Bradamante.
6) Tasso tried to combine Ariosto's freedom of invention with a more unified plot structure.
7) For Frederick de Armas, Rosaura hides a mythological mystery already utilized by Ariosto .
8) Romantic Ariosto was an artist only for the love of his art; his epic.
9) Ariosto's "Orlando furioso" was a continuation of Boiardo's "Innamorato".
10) Written in a style mimicking Ariosto , it gave a juvenile foreshadowing of his own political extremism.
11) Thus it was with the age of Raphael and Ariosto , of Aldus and Vida.
12) His evenings were dedicated to music and the reading of Ariosto , then lately given to the world.
13) Ariosto continued to mix these elements in his poem as well as adding material derived from Classical sources.
14) Boiardo, Tasso, Ariosto , and Spenser all included magic and magicians in their epics.
15) According to Barbara Reynolds, the English poet the closest in spirit to Ariosto is Lord Byron.
example sentences with Ariosto16) Tasso's glory is upheld; Dante is spoken of as obsolete, and Ariosto as corrupting.
17) Some of them are actual translations of poems written by Petrarch, Bembo, Ariosto and G. Sannazzaro.
18) The poems he chose to set for his early books include examples by Pietro Bembo, Petrarch and Ariosto .
19) Hence, no doubt, the early reviewers' comparisons of Tolkien with Malory, Spenser, Ariosto .
20) In France, Jean-Baptiste Lully turned to Ariosto for his "tragédie en musique Roland" (1685).
21) House of the poet Ludovico Ariosto , erected by him after 1526 and in which he died in 1532.
22) The poet, journalist, and literary historian James Montgomery contributed the biographies of Dante, Ariosto , and Tasso.
23) However, Ariosto has an ironic tone rarely present in Boiardo, who treated the ideals of chivalry much more seriously.
24) In Renaissance Italy, Canto 33 of Ariosto's "Orlando Furioso" describes a picture gallery created by Merlin.
25) The modern Russian poet Osip Mandelstam paid tribute to "Orlando Furioso" in his poem " Ariosto " (1933).
26) Shakespeare borrows this setting from the Italian source for his comedy, Ludovico Ariosto's I suppositi , complete with disguises and clever manservants.
27) There is a fine portrait of Ariosto by no less a hand that Titian's; light Moorish, spirited, but not answering our idea.
28) A film version of The General of the Dead Army , entitled Il generale dell'armata morte (1983), was made in Italy, starring Marcello Mastroianni as General Ariosto .
How to use Ariosto in a sentence
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Ariosto
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Ariosto with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Ariosto
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Ariosto in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Ariosto.
20 examples of simple sentences of Ariosto. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Ariosto
Compound Sentences with Ariosto
Complex Sentences with Ariosto
Compound-Complex Sentences with Ariosto