Antinous in a sentence
1) It is unknown exactly where Antinous' body was buried.
2) Another possibility is that Antinous represented a voluntary human sacrifice.
3) After meeting Antinous , Hadrian travelled through Anatolia.
Antinous example sentences4) He is also described as a walking image of Antinous .
5) Antinous threatens to send Ulysses to one of those places.
6) In AD 130 Antinous accompanied Hadrian to Egypt.
7) The cult of Antinous became very popular in the Greek-speaking world.
8) But even now the sight of Antinous can work its magic.
9) Hadrian was keen to disseminate the cult of Antinous throughout the Roman Empire.
10) A third possibility is that the death was accidental, perhaps if Antinous was intoxicated.
11) Hadrian was devastated by the death of Antinous , and possibly also experiencing remorse.
12) But the thought of you Lais and Antinous in one is ravishing.
13) It is documented that in Egypt he and his beloved Antinous killed a lion.
14) In "Les Miserables," the character Enjolras is likened to Antinous .
15) He was a savage Antinous .
example sentences with Antinous16) Most of the attention centres on the young Antinous , whom Hadrian grew very fond of.
17) Antinous was understood differently by his various worshippers, in part due to regional and cultural variation.
18) At the site was discovered the "Braschi Antinous ", now in the Vatican Museums.
19) Hadrian, who twice visited Aegyptus, founded Antinoöpolis in memory of his drowned lover Antinous .
20) It is generally agreed, although not proven, that Antinous was also intitiated at that time.
21) He even founded a city along the banks of the Nile where Antinous had drowned, Antinoopolis.
22) Hadrian proclaimed that games would be held at the city in Spring 131 in commemoration of Antinous .
23) Although the cult of Antinous therefore had connections with the imperial cult, it remained separate and distinct.
24) On his accession in 284 AD, he held games in honour of the" divus" Antinous .
25) He is an extremely good-looking young man, compared by Eliot to Antinous , but selfish and shallow.
26) The cult of Antinous would prove one of remarkable longevity and devotion, particularly in the Eastern provinces.
27) Hadrian publicly announced his death, with gossip soon spreading throughout the Empire that Antinous had been intentionally killed.
28) It was on a trip on the Nile when Antinous met with an early and somewhat mysterious death.
How to use Antinous in a sentence
How to use Antinous in a sentence29) Antinous drowned in 130.
30) He is ridiculed by the Suitors in his own home, especially by one extremely impertinent man named Antinous .
31) Almost immediately Neoptolomus finds himself kidnapped by a bandit gang, whose leader is certainly the man who killed Antinous .
32) From there, Hadrian went on a tour of North Africa, during which he was accompanied by Antinous .
33) It is known that Hadrian believed Antinous to be intelligent and wise, which might explain part of the attraction.
34) Although these may well be idealised images, they demonstrate what all contemporary writers described as Antinous's extraordinary beauty.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Antinous
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Antinous with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Antinous
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Antinous in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Antinous.
20 examples of simple sentences of Antinous. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Antinous
Compound Sentences with Antinous
Complex Sentences with Antinous
Compound-Complex Sentences with Antinous