bailliage in a sentence
1) To appeal a "bailliage's" decisions, one turned to the regional parlements.
2) John defeated them, and afterwards gave up the bailliage to his cousin John of Arsuf.
3) He circulated pamphlets, which the Abbé Sieyès had drawn up at his request, in every bailliage.
4) His father, Jean Benoît Nicolas Desmoulins, was a rural lawyer and lieutenant-general of the bailliage of Guise.
bailliage example sentences5) In the assembly of the "bailliage", rivalry ran still higher, but Robespierre had begun to make his mark in politics with the "Avis aux habitants de la campagne" (Arras, 1789).
6) Vaublanc supported Fréteau de Saint-Just, an elected "député de la noblesse" for the "bailliage" of Melun who was to become a member of the National Constituent Assembly.
7) Seduced at first by the new ideas of the Revolution, he threw himself into a political career by becoming an aristocratic member of the "bailliage" of Melun in 1789.
8) The appeals from their sentences went to the "bailliages", who also had jurisdiction in the first instance over actions brought against nobles.
9) In an effort to reduce the case load in the parlements, certain "bailliages" were given extended powers by Henry II of France: these were called présidiaux.
10) The territory of Brittany was divided in 1789 into five "départements", partially on the basis of earlier divisions called "présidiaux" which in turn had issued from mediaeval "bailliages".
11) The letters of summons to the Estates-General of 1484 invited the ecclesiastics, nobles, and Third Estate to meet at the chief town of their "bailliage" or "sénéchaussé" and elect deputies.
12) In March 1789, Jean Benoît Nicolas Desmoulins was nominated as deputy to the Estates-General from the bailliage of Guise; however, due to illness, he failed to take his seat.
13) In 1789 he drew up the first article of the "cahier" of the electors of the "bailliage" of Roye, demanding the abolition of feudal rights.
14) Similarly, in June 1253, Arnaud-Guillaume de Gramont had promised to aid Gaston VII, who would be his 'good lord' from whom he received a rent secured on the bailliage of Sauveterre-de-Béarn.
example sentences with bailliage15) The bailliage of Guernsey
16) The bailliage of Jersey
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of bailliage
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of bailliage with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with bailliage
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word bailliage in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with bailliage.
20 examples of simple sentences of bailliage. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of bailliage
Compound Sentences with bailliage
Complex Sentences with bailliage
Compound-Complex Sentences with bailliage