badger sett in a sentence
1) badgers and badger setts are protected from any disturbance.
2) He later emigrated to a badger sett with his family.
3) Raccoon dogs may extensively use badger setts for shelter.
4) Heartless men make a sport of putting terriers down badger setts .
badger sett example sentences5) Wildlife cameraman Gordon Buchanan was based at a badger sett in Essex.
6) Now where was this badgers sett ?
7) But the mound is actually a badger sett, home to an unknown number of the animals.
8) Much more tricky than knowing if you've found a badger sett, is knowing whether or not it is still active.
9) In May 1977, two remote-controlled cameras and a series of infrared lamps were installed outside a badger sett in the Cotswolds.
10) Farmers, too, will need a licence from the ministry if they wish to interfere in any way with a badger sett .
11) The sponsors of the Bill - a group of conservation and animal welfare organisations - wanted to protect badger setts as well as the animals themselves.
12) From about late October this year it will be illegal to willfully damage a badger sett in Great Britain - although there will be exemptions under licence for some farming and fox hunting practices.
13) Modern cattle housing, which has good ventilation, makes this process relatively less effective, but in older-style cattle housing or in badger setts, the disease can spread more rapidly.
14) It was announced during this month that construction work had been delayed due to the discovery of a badger sett on the proposed site.
example sentences with badger15) The Boy offers to take a letter to a badger sett two fields away where her Uncle Hendreary (father of Eggletina), Aunt Lupy, and their children are supposed to have emigrated.
16) Christian Bale in American Hustle he ain't: he looks as if he's eaten a doughnut and fallen face-first into a badger's sett .
17) It was said he 'aided, abetted, procured or counselled' the illegal stopping-up of two badger setts by an unnamed hunt helper on National Trust land at Horton, on the AvonGloucestershire border.
18) Peter Fleming's badger sett was entered by lifting the rotting remains of what had been a farm cart which long ago had lost its wheels.
19) This has now become particularly important, since recent laws have made the disturbance or destruction of a badger sett illegal, so long as it is in regular use.
20) Old, well established badger setts are often huge fortresses where, over the years, tons of soil have been shifted, forming mounds and tips.
21) The Protection of badgers Act 1992 consolidates past badger legislation and, in addition to protecting the badger itself, makes it an offence to damage, destroy or obstruct badger setts .
22) As the digger moved south, along the badger sett, an extraordinary complex of tunnels was revealed, on several different levels.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of badger sett
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of badger sett with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with badger sett
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word badger sett in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with badger sett.
20 examples of simple sentences of badger sett. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of badger sett
Compound Sentences with badger sett
Complex Sentences with badger sett
Compound-Complex Sentences with badger sett