backland in a sentence
1) The arid sertâo backlands are not far away and the culture reflects this region.
2) The hunger of the sertanejos of the backlands is periodic, acute and explosive.
3) About AD 450, the Romans had to withdraw their forces from the Rhine into the Gaulish backlands.
4) At around this time Lampião took to calling himself the "governor of the backlands", only partly in jest.
backland example sentences5) I shudder in sympathy with her ordeal, forced to live for years in the primitive backlands west of the Hudson.
6) African slavery became more common in Brazil during the mid 16th century, though the enslavement of indigenous people continued into the 17th and even the 18th century in the backlands of Brazil.
7) After recording the band proceeded towards other states that are also suffering from the reality of drought in northeastern backlands, to record images.
8) Virgulino was born on June 7, 1897, near the village of Serra Talhada, on his father's 'ranch' named "Passagem das Pedras" in the semi-arid backlands ("sertão") of the state of Pernambuco.
9) In Brazil, the geographical term referred to backlands away from the Atlantic coastal regions where the Portuguese first settled in South America in the early sixteenth century.
10) It is known in Brazil for its hot weather, beautiful beaches, rich culture (unique folklore, music, cuisine, literature), Brazilian Carnival and Festival of St. John, and the arid sertão backlands.
11) Groups of fierce pathfinders organized expeditions called "bandeiras" (flags) into the backlands to claim it for the Portuguese crown and to look for gold and precious stones.
12) There are a large number of flat-bottomed boats in the village which are used for transporting padi from the backlands to the factory.
13) Relax at the 14 metre salt water pool set in a citrus orchard or join us for a ride to our 'backlands' and experience the landscape and natural wildlife.
14) "If you see two shacks lost somewhere in the backlands," a Brazilian diplomat once observed, "you can bet that a bicheiro lives in one of them and a steady bettor in the other.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of backland
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of backland with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with backland
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word backland in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with backland.
20 examples of simple sentences of backland. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of backland
Compound Sentences with backland
Complex Sentences with backland
Compound-Complex Sentences with backland