bacchanalia in a sentence
1) My one experience of adolescent bacchanalia did not impress me.
2) The celebration is a bacchanalia of the evil and demonic powers.
3) Or is this a decent into late Roman Empire bacchanalia?
4) And the street was a sea of writhing, surging bacchanalia.
bacchanalia example sentences5) His worship was celebrated in orgiastic rites such as the Bacchanalia.
6) Loads of imagery – Dionysian bacchanalia . The princess with the crown.
7) The last bacchanalia was held at Beck's Family Campground on September 10, 2005.
8) The Bacchanalia, orgies in honor of Dionysus, were introduced in Rome around 200 BC.
9) This wasn't a scene, as advertised, of bacchanalia, "broken Britain" in freefall.
10) The Italian Carnival is sometimes thought to be derived from the ancient Roman festivals of Saturnalia and Bacchanalia.
11) The opening montage of bacchanalia, shows them pulling out every trick in the book and having a great time.
12) Caion was still carrying on as a publicist and historian, with a study about the ancient "Bacchanalia".
13) Livy's "dramatis personae", stylistic flourishes and tropes probably draw on Roman satyr-plays rather than the bacchanalia themselves.
14) Claim to Fame: bacchanalia Festival, held the second Saturday in September for 32 years at a rural off-campus location.
example sentences with bacchanalia15) The Roman Senate viewed these gatherings as a threat against Roman authority, banning the cult and the bacchanalia in 186 BC.
16) The most famous example of a widespread religious movement practicing lechery as a ritual is the bacchanalia of the Ancient Roman Bacchantes.
17) Melissa wrote: Does anyone know of bacchanalia, CELEXA is Jan Drew CELEXA is dacha of the car when solomon walked by with a total of 810 patients.
18) This took place during the annual bacchanalia in September, celebrated by Thracians with a concoction made from Ivy leaves and the mushroom amanita muscaria.
19) There is a ridiculous bacchanalia, with hints of Porky's (1981) . Then there is a trip to a Tijuana strip joint.
20) There is nothing in Polybius about the bacchanalia scandal, nothing about the measures against the Latins, for instance in 187 B.C. (Liv.
21) As "ethical reference points were swept aside by a torrent of money", former Minister of Culture Alexander Sokolov described the situation as "bacchanalia of uncoordinated construction".
22) This first of the series' stand alone miniseries chronicles the Boys as they sneak into Vought's secret, exclusive annual superhero bacchanalia "Herogasm".
23) Official consternation at these enthusiastic, unofficial bacchanalia cults was expressed as moral outrage at their supposed subversion, and was followed by ferocious suppression.
24) Livy, writing 200 years after the event, gives a highly theatrical account of the Bacchanalia's introduction by a foreign soothsayer, a "Greek of mean condition... a low operator of sacrifices".
25) Both David Wiles of the University of London and Harold Bloom of Yale University have strongly endorsed the reading of this play under the themes of Carnivalesque, Bacchanalia, and Saturnalia.
26) The sisters planned a bacchanalia for the visiting prince, including dancing, dining and a recreation of the dismemberment of Zeus's son.
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of bacchanalia
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of bacchanalia with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with bacchanalia
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word bacchanalia in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with bacchanalia.
20 examples of simple sentences of bacchanalia. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of bacchanalia
Compound Sentences with bacchanalia
Complex Sentences with bacchanalia
Compound-Complex Sentences with bacchanalia