Bacchae in a sentence
1) They are also known as Bacchae.
2) In "The Bacchae" there are two completely different versions of Dionysus.
3) E. Hall, J. Morwood, "Bacchae and other plays".
4) From Euripides, seventeen tragedies have survived, among them "Medea" and "The Bacchae".
Bacchae example sentences5) He wrote "The Bacchae of Euripides" (1969), a reworking of the Pentheus myth.
6) In 1973 the National Theatre, London, commissioned and premiered the play "The Bacchae of Euripides".
7) Recording "Unrest" was another intense experience, and the strongest period of collective learning since "The Bacchae".
8) Rhythms are also found preserved in Greek prose referring to the Dionysian rites (such as Euripides' Bacchae).
9) In Euripides' play "The Bacchae", Theban maenads murdered King Pentheus after he banned the worship of Dionysus.
10) Euripides perhaps best known work is Medea, but his plays Orestes, Bacchae, Trojan Women and Electra are also famous.
11) I wrote the play, The Bacchae of Euripides, which was commissioned at the time by the National Theater of Great Britain.
12) Readings may include Plato, Aristotle, Euripides's Bacchae, Book of Songs, Lu Ji's Rhapsody on Literature, Auerbach, Butler, Derrida, Girard, Saussy, and Spivak.
13) Euripides' Bacchae was probably the last play Euripides finished and is certainly one of the latest plays of the three great 5th century Athenian tragedians.
14) It was during his time there that he wrote what many consider his greates work, the Bacchae . When news of his death reached Athens in early 406 BC, Sophocles appeared publicly in mourning for him.
example sentences with Bacchae15) When the head of Crassus was brought to Orodes II, he, alongside Armenian king Artavasdes II, were busy watching a performance of "The Bacchae" by the playwright Euripides ("c". 480–406 BC).
16) All these plays had contemporary settings, but drew for their themes on Greek or Roman myths (the Bacchae, children of Uranus, Narcissus, Venus and Diana).
17) They were merely restating in a modern context the psychology of Dionysus set forth in the accepted and acceptable play "The Bacchae" by Euripides.
18) In the summer of 2001 he made his debut in ancient Greek tragedy, played Dionysus in a touring production of Euripides' "The Bacchae",also performed at the Herodes Atticus Theater, in Athens.
19) The influence of Euripides' "Bacchae" is also significant, as is probably the influence of the other tragedians whose Dionysiac plays do not survive.
20) In April 1972 Henry Cow wrote and performed the music for Robert Walker's production of Euripides' "The Bacchae".
22) Unique masks were also created for specific characters and events in a play, such as The Furies in Aeschylus' "Eumenides" and Pentheus and Cadmus in Euripides' "The Bacchae".
23) An example that shows the spread of Greek theater is Plutarch's story of the death of Crassus, in which his head was taken to the Parthian court and used as a prop in a performance of The Bacchae.
24) Pindar's dithyrambs are an exuberant display of religious feeling, capturing the wild spirit of Dionysus and pointing forward to the ecstatic songs of Euripides' "Bacchae".
25) It was Nietzsche's "Birth of Tragedy" in 1872 that re-posed the question of Dionysus's relation with the theatre and awakened interest in "The Bacchae".
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content that does not reflect the opinions or policies of our website. Please inform us about the inappropriate sentences:
This site is designed to teach you English words in context with collocations with the help of example sentences.
You can easily memorize the word and the meaning of Bacchae
and This is a fast way of learning the meaning of Bacchae with example sentences.
Always focus on the learning on sentences with Bacchae
We believe you will easily learn to write and use the word Bacchae in a sentence.
You can practice spelling and usage of the word by getting 10 examples of sentences with Bacchae.
20 examples of simple sentences of Bacchae. We tried to find and publish the the words with Simple Sentences of Bacchae
Compound Sentences with Bacchae
Complex Sentences with Bacchae
Compound-Complex Sentences with Bacchae